Saturday 2 September 2017

Leaves....

In the Northern Hemisphere it's coming into Fall (Autumn) while here in NZ it's coming into spring.  So leaves are falling up there and break out down here. 

Today the Flickr Hero Arts Group is having a scramble with the theme LEAVES with an option of kraft.... I took 2hr 15 mins to make two cards.. so just over an hour for each. 


For my first card I used an older cling stamp called Leaf Cluster.  I stamped it in a dark green ink and then several times in an olive ink.  Added the sentiment and it was ready to mount onto the green card base.  

And for my second card I used a set called 3 Leaves


I started by using a Nova brush to add three colours of Distress inks to make an ombre background.  I took the smallest leaf and misted it with water and used it to stamp and lift the colour from the background.  I then took the middle sized leave and stamped it twice and coloured with Copics and Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut.  Used a Die and stamp set to make the sentiment.

I'm entering my second on into the challenge at Creative with Stamps - theme Leaves. 

Glad I took time to have a play this afternoon.  I had fun.

Thanks for stopping by. 

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

More lovely cards, Dawn! Love the green leaves against the kraft card, Jo x

Greta said...

These are both really beautiful, Dawn! Love the look of those neat leaves on the second card!

Billie A said...

Both card are so creative and pretty. I am glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments
Paper Play Sketches

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning cards Dawn - the green on kraft is fabulous, but the one that really makes my heart flutter is the second one with the subtle stamping in the background.
Blessings
Maxine

Kristie Goulet said...

These are beautiful, Dawn!

Dorlene Durham said...

Such a pretty card. I love how you did the background. Very nice! Thanks for joining the September challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Jane Willis said...

Two really gorgeous cards
Jane

Monika Reeck said...

Oh love the green leaves with kraft paper
love too that second card
so happy and so cherry colors of fall
adorable cards both Dawn
miss you
many thanks for joining us this month at our challenge Creative with Stamps.
Hugs
Monika