Monday 26 June 2017

White on White...... and a few bright colours

Sharing today some of my weekend cards..... first up is the card I made for the Altenew monthly challenge

 The theme is White on White focus point.  


I used an embossing folder and an Inside Out Diffuser to make my background.   I then used Altenew inks in the Warm Gray shades - Morning Frost, Moon Rock and Evening Gray to stamp the flowers and leaves (from a Freebie called Christmas Rose) and the sentiment in the Lava Rock.   I added some extra dots in a gray Metallic gel pen.  

And now for a couple of more colourful cards.


This is using Catherine Pooler inks and stamps.  The banners are from one of latest stamp sets from the Naturally Inspired box paired with a sentiment from an earlier SOA box.   

and here are two I made using Gelatos.  There is a Masterclass over at StampNation -Creative Mediums for Card Making- by Faber Castel.  The first video was about using Gelatos.  I have had mine since 2012 - but don't use them nearly enough.   


For the first one I used watercolour card and spread a variety of Gelato colours.  I blended with a damp baby wipe.  Once I laid the stencil over it, I used the baby wipe to remove some of the Gelatos, leaving the bold colours beneath.   I used the feather from the SOA box with three CP inks (thanks to MISTI for doing my blending) and fussy cut.  I also added a die cut BEST cut from some more Gelatos on watercolour paper.  To make it stand out, I off set it against a black die cut. 

And the second one, used the left over Gelatos on the stencil, which was spritzed and laid onto the watercolour card.   This gives a much more subtle background.   I added a flourish down one side and after colouring some yellow and orange Gelatos onto card and punched some butterflies.   The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.  

I also managed a couple more cards for some upcoming design work so all in all... a very creative weekend. 

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me.

6 comments:

Betty said...

very productive weekend Dawn - the white card is gorgeous as are your colorful ones!

CinnamonSally said...

Oh my goodness Dawn you have been busy, love your cards especially the white one , so elegant. Hopefully I will be back in my craft room soon, I have another week away helping at my daughters school and then I can get creative again.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning Dawn! Love the elegant and serene feel of the first card. The flowers are gorgeous done like that! 4 stunning cards hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing cards Dawn - the top one is stunning, and I love the colours on the final one, with the greens and oranges against the subtle background
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

I really need to try & use my Gelatos--great cards, Dawn! Really love the technique using a stencil with the baby wipe!

Monika Reeck said...

the white on white is stunning Dawn love that embossing folder
the bday card with banner so sweet love that rainbow colors
the BEST card wowza that Background is oh my GOSH!! love
the friendship card I love that background too and the butterfly color so vibrant and beautiful
all adorable cards Dawn