Thursday 2 March 2017

Babies, babies, babies....

It seems that lots of my friends are becoming Grandparents lately.  In the last month I know off two baby boys, Rueben and Owen and two girls, both called Harper! 

The ladies who have grandson's both work with me and I had a little something for each of the babies, so needed a couple of cards.

This worked perfectly as I needed a sample card for Chalk'n'Stock.  As usual Bugaboo are the sponsors and they have some awesome Baby images.    So my first card uses Chalk Ink with the Bugaboo image

 Isn't this just so cute.  I used some blue chalk ink with Stamp of Approval Candy Cane background.  Loved the result.  Used some Catherine Pooler inks (the blue) and some Zig markers to colour the image.  Added some little blue stars and a few gel ink highlights.   This one is for Rueben's grandmother.

And this one is for Owen's Oma.


Another Bugaboo image.   This time I printed it onto Kraft paper and used a white gel pen to highlight.  I used the sample on the Bugaboo site as my inspiration.  I added some stamped stars that also got white gel added as well as a few extra white dots.    Die cut with a scallop die and then matted with the blue - for the little boy. 

Another of my workmates is just waiting for her grandson to be born.  Her daughter was being induced today....so her baby boy will be here very soon. 

3 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn,
Two more amazing cards. I love the craft one, the use of the white gel pen is fantastic. I'd never think to do that. Hugs - Paula

kiwimeskreations said...

What fun images Dawn and beautifully made cards - love the white on kraft in particular. I have a Great granddaughter called Harper, who has just turned one!!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Absolutely darling baby cards, Dawn! I especially love the first one--great coloring!