Thursday 5 January 2017

Using Lace

Today I am sharing the card I made for my NZ technique month challenge.  Janet chose to the theme for the month of January and it was to use LACE on your card.... it could be actual lace or a lacy cut or a lace stamp etc.  My recipient this month is my friend Suna... we both work in the same office.. me on level 8 and Suna on level 7 of our building.

I chose to use two Lace stamps from Hero Arts (no longer available) on my card. 


I started by stamping the Lace background stamp onto some cream card with Altenew grey ink.  I overstamped the skirt from the Prima Julie Nutting "Kate", added some shading and cut it out.  I stamped the whole Doll onto white card and coloured with Copics and then fussy cut both the doll and the skirt.  Pieced the two together.   I used a DL sized card after matting the panel onto some yellow card I added the second lace stamp in each corner. I splattered some of the darker coffee coloured ink and used the darkest of the coffee/brown inks to stamped the sentiment. 

I also stamped the smaller lace stamp onto a DL envelope


I was very pleased with card. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

Greta said...

Brilliant! Love how you used the lace stamp!

kiwimeskreations said...

I can see why you are so pleased with this card Dawn - this is fabulous - love the background lace stamps.
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

This is super, I love the way you stamped the lace dress. CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

She os an adorable image
So sweeet card my friend
ADORE ABLE card