Thursday 12 January 2017

Stitching -Real or Faux ... a challenge at Southern Girls

I was pleasantly surprised to get an email last month from Louise who runs Southern Girls Challenge blog...asking me if I would like to do another term with them. I'd previously been a DT member.  I had no hesitation in saying YES

                                                

I design for Southern Girls Challenge 

So here I am a member of Tracy's team and it's time for our first challenge of  2017.  To use stitching - real or faux.  Ours sponsor for this challenge are:

                                        

I got to use an image from Sasayaki Glitter.  

this one is called "Spotty and Pup"  Of course I am still enamored with my Prismacolour pencils and wanted to try out some blending.  I used pinks and purples to blend together to colour the unicorn.  I used some Odorless Mineral Spirits and a paper stub to blend.  Added some sparkle gel pen on the star and wings.  I used a stitched oval -my first faux stitching.   My second lot of faux stitching  is on my background.  I used a technique I saw on Kathy Racoosin's blog The Daily Marker.  You use distress inks.  I smooshed  a red and purple ink and watered it down a lot and then used a flat paint brush to make lines.  I used the side of the brush and some more concentrated red ink to make the thin stripe.  I then used a white gel pen to make my stitch lines.   I matted this panel onto some lilac cardstock and then onto my white card base.

Do come and join us at Southern Girls Challenge 

Thanks for stopping by

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Dawn - the colour combination is one of my favourites, and that background is fabulous - love your stitching on it!!
Blessings
Maxine

Chris said...

Beautiful card Dawn, the colouring of that cute image is fabulous, the background looks lovely too...great idea to add the stitching to that too!
Chris
x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I'm so happy to see you back Dawn! Love your cute card and so happy you're designing for SGC again. We missed you! Happy New Year my lovely blog buddy. I wish you a wonderful 2017 filled with love, laughter, health and happy crafting days! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

Congrats on rejoining the DT, Dawn! Cute card!

creationsnz said...

Aw Dawn, this is really cute, great colouring and such lovely paper, CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

aha so cuuutee this Image Dawn
and your coloring so beautifully
really fairy tail for a little girl
sweeet card
love this