Sunday 27 November 2016

Foundations Box has arrived...plus more Christmas cards

Yes I am happy to say I got my Catherine Pooler Foundations Box on Friday.  My friend Suna and I got them together (cuts down the postage costs for us) so on my way to Stamping Group on Saturday I dropped hers off.  Hope she is having as much fun with it as I am.  The inks are AMAZING and the stamp sets are full of variety.    I've done two cards so far


this one was the first I did... and  I messed up the bottom due to the ink being so juicy, I had to adapt to a LIGHT touch... so added the extra strip of green and also added a strip of card covered in the blue ink.   These inks are incredibly juicy and very intense colours.... I did 2nd generation stamping to get the lighter blue snow flakes.

and just look at the beautiful coverage with the red ink on the solid circle.  Once again I used the ink to make my layer.  Great way to tie in your layers to the inks on your card.

Yesterday was my day stamping with my group of friends.... there were 7 of us there.. (no photos as I was soooo busy making cards!)  I really enjoy catching up with all these lovely ladies and it had been quite a while since we last got together.    I had a very productive day - thanks to some pre- prep.  I had taken all 45 of my Christmas cards to work on Thursday and sold 30 of them.... and got 12 orders...4 of one, 7 of another and 1 of a third.

  7 of the first one and 4 of the second one.   I did all the die cutting and the embossing on Thursday and Friday nights so Sat was just putting it all together.    

And here's what I did as well.

I made a red one the same as the first one.  That will give the person a choice of colours. I'm entering this into the challenge at A Blog Named Hero.

So you can see I really did work hard on Saturday.   Hubby is away for the weekend so once I got home, I just kept going... the Happy Birthday above was done then.   A bit of a rest day today!  

a big thanks if you made it this far.... so much I wanted to share.  Hope my American friends have enjoyed their Thanksgiving on Thursday and enjoyed catching up with their families.   Only 4 weeks now till Christmas.
Christmas Tree on emojidex

5 comments:

Greta said...

Glad you got your box, Dawn--beautiful cards! I need somewhere to sell my cards--you're doing great with that!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow that must have been one fabulous box Dawn - and a wonderful weekend of crafting with stunning results!!
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

what a productive weekend you had Dawn!! love the white embossed cards and your "peace" card is wonderful - TFS at A Blog Named Hero and good luck in the drawing!

creationsnz said...

Such a great lot of cards Dawn, but my fave has to be the green one with the wavy border! CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

Ooh so many beautiful card and you know my fav is the last green one so elegant bird and the pearl too beautifully made Dawn