Sunday 30 October 2016

Ally's challenge and a morning Scramble.

I've had a great weekend - got a bit of crafting done after doing all my housework including cleaning and tidying my utensils drawer.... 

I undertook Ally's challenge at StampNation... she gave each of those taking part the choice of two older challenges to take part in... I got #83 Sponging and Sparkle or #168 Waffle Flower inspiration.    I chose to do #83 after watching Catherine's video from 2013.


I used Catherine Pooler Designs Yay Stripes stamped in Altenew Mocha ink and stamped the Penny Black flower with Espresso ink.  I coloured it with Touchnew markers and added glue and Diamond Dazzle glitter to the flowers.   The sentiment is a NZ stamp company one.. Rubbadubbadoo. 

And this morning I got up early at 7.00am to take part in the Hero Arts Flickr group 90 mins scramble.  LaVon set us a challenge to use a Diagonal on our card.   I decided to use a curvy diagonal using The All Occasions Embossing folder

I embossed two pieces of card - one red and one white and cut around the curvy part and pieced them together again.  I stamped the Hero Arts Vintage Poinsettia and used some Copics to colour.  I left a little bit of white on each petal to give it some dimension.  I couldn't find the matching die so had to fussy cut it. 

My second one for the scramble used a more traditional diagonal - masked off part of the card


This one used the Holly  Leaves from an older Hero Arts set stamped in Hero Arts Green Fields ink.   The red berries were stamped in Altenew ink.  A very quick card.

And because I had a piece of the embossing left and my Hero Arts stamps out I made another Christmas card


I added the red panel to the bottom of a white base and then stamped and die cut the sentiments from the Peace cut and die set. I finished with a silver glittered die cut dove.  This die was a freebie last Christmas that had never been used.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and for making it to the end of this long post....

5 comments:

Betty said...

three wonderful cards Dawn - love the one you did for the scramble!

Greta said...

What a productive day, Dawn! All lovely cards, but I especially like the sympathy card--love the stripes & that PB stamp!

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely cards Dawn - they all appeal to me for differing reasons, the sympathy one is stunning, and the Christmas ones a delight
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Gosh you have been busy Dawn , I particularly love your poinsettia card , so pretty.

truongmuunghenhan said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.