Monday 4 July 2016

June CCC for Sara

My June CCC went to Sara in Cincinnati.  We had a sketch to follow:
or a theme: Friendship, Patriotism or Water
or use buttons


I used two flowers die cut from burlap covered card and added a button to the centre.  The background stamping was a Stampin' Up stamped in yellow ink and smooshed.  Added the sentiment from my Stamp of Approval set by GinaK.  Finished with some glittery washi along the bottom.

Had a very enjoyable winter's weekend at Mangawhai with our friend.  It was a tad cold in the mornings with a bit of frost.
                      Dawn Turley's photo. Dawn Turley's photo.                                        
Went for a walk along the beach
                      Dawn Turley's photo.  Dawn Turley's photo.

and got to have a little play with some of my new goodies
                                      'Here what I did this afternoon.   Used some Pixie Dust to make my backgrounds.  Messed up the Peony though.  One cat is from Tim Holtz, the others from Katzelkraft.'

Happy 4th of July to all my US friends and readers.   Hope you have a great long weekend.


4 comments:

Lin said...

What a nice sentiment, Dawn, and your card shows it off perfectly!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Dawn! Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Dawn, with a fabulous sentiment.
We had frosts down to -5 oC this weekend - I was in Auckland, having been to SENZ, on the Saturday morning when it got that low.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

The burlap flowers are super, Dawn! Looks like a lovely place to spend some time!