Friday 15 July 2016

Christmas in July over at Bugaboo

Over at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug challenge blog this week there has been a week-long Christmas in July event.  Each day there is a new challenge.    And to make it fun... there is 50% off ALL items in the store.

I have enter some of the challenges..  One of which I share later in the month as I am using it as my sample for Die Cut Divas - Bugaboo are one of our sponsors this month. 

Day 4 was a BINGO game
  

I chose to use the diagonal Stripes, Bugaboo Image and Embossing

 
 I got a Sizzix Flip It die this week, and was giving it a try out.  I cut the base and the panels which I then embossed with a snowflake die.  I printed and coloured my little reindeer and die cut him with a Spellbinders circle die,  The flip side has a white scallop circle to write on.   Added the striped washi tape for my stripe element.

There's less than a day to enter the challenges.   A great way to start the Christmas cards for 2016.  I've printed out a few more BB images, but won't get card done in time.  I'm taking them with me to my Stamp Group.  We haven't meet for over three months so will be great to catch up with my friends.  

I'll be working on a commission for 20 Christmas cards.  All the same so will get bit of a production line under way.   I'll do five at a time over the next few weeks.  It's another Flip it card.  Here's the design


My friend requested simple red and white.  The Hero Arts ornament is cut with some metallic red card.   A nice little bonus income to help pay for the purchases over the last little while!   Plus I managed to sell 11 cards at work this week.  Another bonus!

Enjoy your weekend. 

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely bold and striking cards Dawn - the die looks as though it is going to get a lot of work - well done on selling your cards!!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Love both of these, Dawn! Beautiful & unique!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with your new Flip It die, Dawn! Great idea to emboss your card base, and I love both images! A wonderful start for your Christmas card collection!