Monday 10 August 2015

Tri-fold Card

I take part in a monthly technique swap with some ladies here in NZ and for this months challenge was to make a card with a tri-fold.  There are lots of tri-fold card tutorials and videos out there but I chose to go with a simple three fold diagonal card.

 

I did not read my instructions properly and ended up with a tall card.  I used some Kaisercraft paper for my backgrounds.  My centre focal point is a Spellbinders die with a Quietfire sentiment and a Peelcraft silver butterfly.   I used some old paper flowers with an enamel dot and a Die-namics leaf die.
 One of the inner layers has more flowers and leaves plus butterflies and the final layer has a dotted vellum butterfly die cut with a red gem embellishment.  

Quite pleased with the outcome and hope my swap partner does too.

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! Looks so complcated, Jo x

Lin said...

Very pretty! Love the elements you brought together for this!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love it and it makes want to try to make one right now ;o)

kiwimeskreations said...

This is such an elegant card Dawn - love hat touch of red on the layers.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

What a gorgeous creation, Dawn! I bet your swap partner is going to feel super lucky to get this!

Barb Ghig said...

Really stunning card! Your details are just beautiful, and I love all the angles! Gorgeous work of art, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

wooww
love the shape
love that flower
and love the color combo
so beautifully made Dawn..
how are you
hope you are not sick Dawn
since last week no visit from you
just currious
hope you are okay
hugs, Monika

marie the said...

I like your card it is beautifull marie-the (France)