Wednesday 29 July 2015

Inspired by Catherine Pooler's class at Craftsy.

I've been taking the Craftsy class by Catherine Pooler - Wild Cards - 21 Techniques.  It's been lots of fun with tons of neat techniques and ideas.  Here are two cards I made with techniques that Catherine shared...

First up was a technique using the back of a sentiment stamp to colour block.

 

I used the back of the Kaisercraft stamp and a rainbow of Memento inks to make the base.  Stamped in sentiment and added some punched stars and sequins. 

My second card used a Double stenciling technique. 


My first stencil was a MFT Houndstooth inked up with Tea Dye ink.  I only sponged a little bit of the stencil.  Over top of this I sponged some Weathered Wood ink and a Hero Arts stencil (Leaf and Flourish)  The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter.  I had to channel my inner Catherine as I got a smudge on it.  So out came the Sequin stamp set from Winnie & Walter and I stamped some black sequins and stars. 

I've done one more card inspired by the class - but you'll have to wait a week or so to see when I post of A2Z Scrapbooking on the 6th August! 

If you haven't joined Catherine's Craftsy class I can highly recommend it!  You can get it HERE.

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Dawn - and I love your 'save' on the second one!
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

terrific card Dawn - especially like the double stenciling - sequins are a great rescue every time - i took the class - subscribed to it while i was at the lake and was having withdrawal pains after a week of no card making - of course sitting by a beautiful lake with a lovely breeze and reading was pretty wonderful too:-)

Lin said...

Looks like a fun class, Dawn! I love the idea of using the back of a clear stamp!

Barb Ghig said...

Looks like you're doing really well in this class! I love the techniques on both cards and all your details are just perfect! Beautiful cards, Dawn!

Greta said...

Neat technique used for a fabulous card, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

both are beautiful card Dawn
first one love the color combo second one love that stamp swirl n flower
I am sorry I am so behind at commenting
hope you are not angry to me Dawn
hugs, Monika
PS: I miss your visit since long...