Saturday 11 April 2015

Don't ya just love.....

when you get an awesome set of stamps free with a magazine...
this week I got two magazines with awesome stamps... Cardmaking and Papercraft had some lovely stamps that matched a Spellbinders circle die (still have to ink these up) and Simply Cards & Papercraft has a Clearly Besotted stamp set.   The Clearly Besotted set has some Fuchsias, a jar, some butterflies, a rose and three lovely sentiments.  It is a mixture of stamps from a number of sets available from Clearly Besotted.

Anyway, this set really got me excited.. I just had to start creating.  I CASE'd a couple of the cards from the magazine

First up is using the Rose from the set

I used the basic design - changing my background to PP rather than plain colour.  I also used a Heart shaped doily and some cream cotton thread.  I coloured my roses with Copics and fussy cut using some foam tape to add dimension to the roses.

Entering this into the Layering and Dimension Challenge at Virginia's View 

Next I used the Fuchsias

Once again, I followed the design from the magazine.  Stamped and coloured with Copics and then fussy cutting.  I decided to add a Mother's Day sentiment to change it up.   Slightly misjudged the placement of my sentiment.  Should be a bit lower on the card.

And then today, I used some watercolour paper and distress inks to colour up the Fuchsias

I stamped the leaves with Peeled Paint and used an aqua brush to move the ink around.  Once it dried, I went round the edge with a black fine line pen.  On another piece of watercolour paper I stamped and used Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord distress inks to colour the Fuchsias and fussy cut.  The sentiment is from the set.  Finished with some sequins.

I'm entering this post to Simon Says Stamp - Spring flowers challenge.

We had our carpet cleaned this morning which meant that I didn't/couldn't do much housework, hence getting into the craft room (carpet there not included in the cleaning) to play this afternoon.  Luckily it was nice and sunny so I could have all the doors and windows open to aid with the drying process.

Off to play some more.  Take care and have an awesome weekend.

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn - so pretty! Jo x

Lin said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn! Clearly Besotted makes some lovely designs, and you've brought them to life! I wonder if these magazines are available to us in the US?

Betty said...

gorgeous cards and lucky you to get those stamps and a magazine to boot!!

joy said...

These cards are just so pretty, Dawn! Love the fucshias!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Dawn - I particularly like the second fuchsia card with the watercolour.
Blessings
MAxine

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

alexandra s.m. said...

Heads over hill about your cards Dawn!
You have such a way with flowers!!

Greta said...

Love the flowers & you made beautiful cards with them, Dawn!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous beautiful cards.
luv
Debby

Monika Reeck said...

woooww love that doily with heart motiv and the purple flower yeah so adorable and the second card
your stamp is really beautiful and elegant Dawn and the color combo soo soft Love it
and I still waiting the post from you
normally it is fast from NZ to Germany
but if its come I will tell you for sure..hugs, Monika