Tuesday 9 December 2014

A few more Christmas cards

Had a busy weekend but still managed to get a few more cards done... still short a few for family...


Another one using a Couture Creations die and a sentiment from Kaisercraft.  I used this design to make a set of cards that I sent out to some of my friends.


 This one is using just some PP and gems.  Rubbed some white ink around the edges to give a blackboard look


 PP and a white embossed sentiment.  The tree is die cut from some holographic card that came with some fishing lures that Hubby bought on Sunday.


This one used some pencils and a Prisma colourless pencil blender.  I used a technique I saw Jill Foster do... added some browns to the lower leaves to give the flower depth.  The banner is a la Catherine Pooler - used to cover up a mistake!

Just finished up 7 "Kiwi" card for a commission.   I'll share these later this week.

Thanks for visiting.  





8 comments:

Betty said...

love all three - especially the first one - great designs!!

Becca Cruger said...

Your family should be pleased to have these in their mailboxes because they are all delightful! It always seems like no matter how many stinkin Christmas cards I make, I always come up short!

joy said...

Such wonderful cards, Dawn! The recipients will love these.

Monika Reeck said...

wooow you have so busy Dawn...your family must be happy to get your wonderful card ..I love much the second Picture great chalk effect and I and hubby decided we take my new job offering...even only one year better than only stay home right...hugs, Monika

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

Greta said...

Love your cards, Dawn! Brilliant idea to use the lure packaging & love your coloring for the poinsettia!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these Dawn - and the way you have used the holographic paper - nothing is sacred when it comes to our craft! ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful cards, Dawn! Especially the first one with the stunning die cut...Wow! I'm sure your family and friends will love them, too!