Friday 7 November 2014

Don't you just LOVE a freebie!

I'm addicted to crafting and cardmaking magazines and it's even better when they have a freebie with them.  I got the Australian Simply Cards last week and it had a fantastic detailed die cut sentiment.


In the magazine they used lots of blues and whites with the die so I gave it a go.

A blue Christmas

One of my colleagues saw it on Facebook and asked me to do a sample in red for her.  I did two different samples...

IMG_9210

Happy Christmas

She liked the second one and has ordered 20!  So got a bit of a production line going on... folded the red card bases, cut the white panel and then embossed it. Added double sided tape.   Die cut the red pieces (Nellie Snellen die) then die cut the white sentiment pieces.  Now just to put them all together.   I've got a few commissions to do as well... two box cards and an exploding box for a 40th wedding anniversary.   will be kept busy for a while, so if I don't get time to leave you a comment, please forgive me. I will be visiting.

6 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Awesome Dawn! Pretty cool that you can sell your cards. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do that... Maybe a craft show?

Dotty Jo said...

They all look great, Jo x

Cathie Borowski said...

Great look Dawn, I happen to have a subscription to Australian Simply Cards magazine, it definitely has the best freebies - I love it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous red and white take on the card Dawn, and congratulations on the commissions.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh so beautiful! Enjoy your crafting, Dawn!

Barb Ghig said...

Your embossed backgrounds and scalloped ovals are perfect for this sentiment! Gorgeous cards, Dawn!