Wednesday 13 August 2014

Strawberries in August....

Over at Die Cut Divas Arlene has a theme of Hot August Nights...  It's summer time in the Northern Hemisphere and summer time means Strawberries to me... so today I am sharing a shaped card I made


I hand cut the strawberry from a template I found in a Papercrafts Inspirations magazine.  I embossed it with Swiss Dots folder and then added some Versamark and clear embossed it.  I used a Swirls folder on the dark green for the top of the strawberry.  I die cut a Holly Flourish and a small Tattered floral flower.  Added the double bow and some string.  I coloured my pearl with a Copic as I'd run out of big yellow ones.    My sentiment was computer generated and then die cut with a Spellbinders tag

As Virginia's View challenge this month is shaped cards, I've entered this one.

Been busy with commissions this week... One lady wanted three similar cards for Brother's Day, an Indian celebration... I did them but forgot to take a photo.  She also wanted a birthday card for a friend and I used a paper piecing technique that I saw on the OCC this week..


Using some PP to piece the Kaisercraft roses before fussy cut them out.    

Way behind in my homework for the class, but have been pinning like mad, some of the stunning gallery cards for inspiration.   Hoping to catch up later this week and over the weekend. 

Thanks for stopping by today.


6 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your strawberry card is amazing, Dawn! I love all the texture on the berry and stems, and your checked ribbon is gorgeous! I also love the flowers on your 2nd card! A wonderful take on this technique! Can't wait to see more from the OCC!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
Your fussy cutting looks wonderful, I am impressed as I know you think you do not have the patience, but when you get a result like this, it is worth it; don't you agree?
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous roses Dawn, that have made a fabulous card, love the texture you have used. You have been busy - well done.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Both your cards are fab Dawn, but that strawberry card is delish! (Pardon the pun.) Love the clever dies you've used as the strawberry 'tops'. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends x

Greta said...

Love the strawberry card--very creative! That birthday card is a stunner! Bet your friend was thrilled with it!

Monika Reeck said...

the roses looks so lovely and I love the background Emboss you always have new embossing folder Dawn (A bit jealous) loveeee the strawberry soooo looks real may I eat :)