Sunday 3 August 2014

July CCC reveal.

Hi there... over at Deborah's CCC post she has reveal all the cards that were made and sent for her monthly Card Chain Challenge.  I had the pleasure of sending my card to Cat in Maryland USA.  I chose to use embossing paste on my card and the theme of Friends

July CCC

I started by using a stencil and some embossing paste to make my background.  I then used distress inks to colour the background and wiped the paste while the ink was still wet to keep it white.  The sentiment is from a Kaisercraft set and stamped onto the white Spellbinders die cut.  Finished with a die cut butterfly.  I also sent Cat the little Kaisercraft set that I used to stamp the sentiment.  I had picked up a number of the word sets from Kaisercraft and got a second set of the Friends one.  Just love finding reasonably priced sentiments.   Always good for RAK for someone.  

And I got an awesome card from Gail in Norway

http://dominodebi.typepad.com/.a/6a00e550066280883301a511edbf55970c-pi

If you want to join the monthly CCC and receive a great card you sign up on Deborah's blog HERE.


7 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful inking on the background and I love the embossing paste flowers! Great sentiment too! Gail's card is so cute and fun - love those fish peeking through the portholes!

Lin said...

What a beauty, Dawn! Love the vibrant colors and the embossed flowers!!

Barb said...

Dawn, that background is fabulous! Love the colors and texture! And what a fun card from Gail - just adorable!

Greta said...

I have to tell you, Dawn, the card you sent to Cat is definitely one of the best for this month--just stunning & really stood out in the reveal post! How sweet to include the stamp set with the card--I know Cat will make great use of it. You've inspired me again to use my embossing paste & stencils--if Fritz would just stay quiet long enough--LOL!

debby4000 said...

Oh what fabulous cards, the first one is my favourite.
Luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

love your card Dawn - the colours are fabulous and I love the embossed white flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

What a great fun card to receive - so cute.

Love your background on the CCC card. Someone should feel very special receiving this card.