Wednesday 9 July 2014

High Heel Glam

I had a very successful and fun day on Friday attending SENZ ~ NZ's biggest paper craft and scrapbooking expo and this year, it also had cake making and a cake decorating display and competition.  I didn't do any classes this year, but took my friend, Suna, along.  It was her first time to go to SENZ and she was stunned.  It was awesome this year, in a new venue and boy did we enjoy it.  We got there before the doors opened at 9.00am and left at 2.45pm.  I did have the joy of catching up with some FB friends - Tracey, Tash & Faith and a couple of ladies from a NZ online forum I belong to - Carol and Jude.

Untitled

This is Tracey and Tash at Faith's stand at SENZ.

Amongst my purchases was this die from Tattered Lace.

 

And here is the card I made with it....

High Heel Glam

Totally all die cuts... the corner is a Spellbinders die and the sentiment is by Britannia Dies.  I did have trouble trying to photograph the card with all the silver mirror card and a the fact that the weather has been wet and windy for the last little while.  

And finally here are some photos of some of the cakes in the competition from the weekend.



9 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Looks like a great show Dawn, glad you had a fun time and I like your new die!! Fabulous cakes too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn - just wish I could have been there... what a wonderful show it must have been.
Love your stunning card, and thanks for sharing the cake photos.
Blessings
Maxine

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn, loved reading about and seeing photos of your visit to the show - it sounds like lots of fun! That shoe die is gorgeous and your card is so pretty! Those cakes look amazing!

Barb said...

What a lovely, intricate die! Love your beautiful card, Dawn! Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the show - amazing cakes!

Arlene said...

Love your new die and the card is fabulous. The cakes are making me hungry. lol.

Monika Reeck said...

woooww that shoe is to die for..I want it..its so adorable and so elegant Dawn..nice silver mirror card I mean all in silver..wow ..a very stylish card Dawn..love this

Monika Reeck said...

forget to tell Those cakes looks so yummy and adorable too...did you try it Dawn..which one is yours....or it was only for show?

Greta said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Such a fun die & neat card, Dawn!

Barb Ghig said...

Looks like you had a great time at the show!
I love how you played with your die cuts for this card...it's so feminine and elegant, especially with all the mirror card...Love it! Thanks so much for sharing these photos with us, too...the cakes are amazing!