Tuesday 1 July 2014

Buttons and Bows... a new challenge at Die Cut Divas

Hi there it's my turn to host the challenge over at Die Cut Divas this month... and I've chosen a nice and simple challenge for you.

Use a button or bow on your card or even both!  

Our sponsor this month is once again the fabulous Bugaboo

 
We thank them for offering 7 free digis to our winner.
Remember you must use your Die Cut Machine... cutting or embossing. 
For my samples I have made one with buttons and one with a bow.
First up ~ buttons

This image is Kidz Fishing Boy.  I printed him and then used a Poppy Stamp die to cut a 3x4 inch journalling card.  I coloured with Copics and sponged some blue chalk around edge.  I took some PP and embossed it with a circle folder and then used a sanding block to distress.  Added the three buttons along the top.

And now ~ a bow.


 This one is using Flower Bird.   Once she was printed I die a the journalling card with some card and used it as a template to draw around the hand cut her out. I used some chalk ink to sponge the edges. I used some paper piecing for her hat and the ribbon and bow on the hat.  My embossing this time was a thin folder which once again I sanded.  Added the ribbon and a bow.
So pull out your die cutter or embosser and join me in our challenge this month.... and look out for the later in the month when we introduce our new DT.
I was able to use these as my samples for the new challenge at Chalk'n'Stock as well.  Two challenges inspirations with one set of cards.  

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Cute cards Dawn, and I love the way you highlighted the embossing with the sanding.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Cute cards, Dawn! I love the dotted paper embossed with the circles!