Tuesday 3 June 2014

Congratulations on your engagement

Some exciting news in our family over the weekend... Our son got engaged.  This is the second engagement for us this year as earlier in the year our daughter also got engaged.  Some of you may be aware she got married 4 years ago, but alas, it did not last...however she has now meet a very nice young man and they are planning to get married at the end of this year.

So one happy Mama to have my children so happy and settled.

I made a couple of engagement cards as part of my samples for Chalk'n'stock blog this month.

First up for my daughter and her fiancé (who I will be seeing in 8 days!)


I used a Bugaboo image coloured with Copics and sponged with pale blue chalk around the image.  The digi stamp reminded me of my daughter with her sunnies on.  She is living in Perth Australia where it is very warm in the summer. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  Inside the sentiment is from Bugaboo...and is the same as what is on the front of the card for my son and his fiancée....


Again Bugaboo digi stamp coloured with Copics and sponged with the chalks.  Just love the sentiment :-)

I've also shared another card over on the Chalk'n'stock blog  If you want to have a look, please hop over the blog for a look.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate all my visitors.

6 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, Dawn...your kids are going to LOVE their cards! Beautiful coloring, and the sentiment is fabulous! What a fun mom you are!!!

By the way...may I ask: What are 'sunnies'?

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Dawn, and it is so good to hear your DD has found a new love.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh wow--both kids engaged at the same time! At least it isn't 2 girls--LOL! Seriously, how exciting--congrats to both of them. The cards are just adorable & I so love that funny sentiment!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cute cards and congratulations to your son.
luv
Debby

Monika Reeck said...

Cute card for your daughter and Love the coloring too dear Dawn..yes enjoy your time meeting your daughter...I know that sentiment cause I have that set too LOL..cute card for your son too..nice couple in image and great sentiment too..two sweet cards for your children from the sweet Mom...I made cards but my son is too small LOL they dont understand it and not interested in it so much they said GOOD MOM and thats all LOL...hugs, Monika

Arlene said...

How fantastic! Love what you did on these cards.