Sunday 23 February 2014

Martha's 90 min Scramble

Today on the Flickr Hero Arts Group, Martha hosted the 90 min scramble and for once it was at a very convenient time for me.... 8.00am on a Sunday morning.  She had a great challenge.... to do a scrapling card... using up that little scrap of card that comes about when cutting down a rectangle card to a square one.

Scraplings for Scramble #78


My blue scrapling was made mostly with scraps on the desk.  The long strip was from cutting an A4 card into a square card.  I ended up with a few long strips that I usually keep for stamping and making into banners.   The background was a scrap where I tried double stamping but it was a little "off"  Not quite where I wanted the stamping.  The cupcake was paper pieced with two scraps in the pile and even the little ribbon was a scrap on the desk.

For the brown one, I used a new Tim Holtz stencil and some Tea Dye distress ink and then edged with a Brown Pitt Calligraphy pen from Faber Castell.  The coffee cup was stamped on the background and then again on a scrap, coloured and then cut out and layered on top.  It was fun pulling out some older Hero Arts Sparkle clear sets to make these two.

I then made another couple of scraplings  - but just now realised I didn't quite follow the instructions as they should have been more than one layer!!!!

Scraplings set 2

The blue on is made like a mini tag card, using new Hero Arts goodies... the ink being Neon blue and the stamp from the new "Forever" Stamp your Story set.  Just added a sentiment from the "Everday Sayings" set (an older one)

And the brown balloons, a very CAS scrapling using one of the stamps in the "Flying Air Ships" cling set.  Simply coloured with Copics.

Had a fun 90 mins making these.  Now getting ready to head down to the beach to enjoy the late summer sun.


11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these Dawn - they are gorgeous and so different - and isn't it good to use up the scraps :-) Enjoy your sun on the beach.
Blessings
Maxine

Vanessa said...

Great scrapilings, Dawn!!

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous cards.xxx

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous scraplings Dawn, a great way to use up the extra piece of card.

Arlene said...

Love your scraplings.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
I love the one layer scraplings, they look terrific.
Smiles:)
Sue

alexandra s.m. said...

I'm new to this and I think I'm in love ;)
Excellent Scraplings!
Thank You Dawn~

Greta said...

You really knew what to do with the small space, Dawn! I especially love the backgrounds on the first 2!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so glad you posted your 'scraplings' on your blog, Joy! They are all really fabulous! And, don't mind me, but I'm still amazed that you were able to get 4 of them done in such a short time...I was barely able to get 2 completed...yikes! Really great job!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Dawn - just to let you know I have nominated you for an award here: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.co.nz/2014/02/a-boys-card-and-award.html
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

I never made XXL long card and these are all beautifully done dear Dawn especially I love the one with cup cake and the coffe and the background behind it so lovely...hugs