Thursday 12 December 2013

A few last Christmas cards and an exciting guest at Die Cut Divas.

I've got a last few Christmas cards to share today.  It was very warm after work so I hid out in my craft room which was nice and cool.  I managed two very CAS cards before dinner and my walk.

First up a card for CAS-ual  Friday's Out on a Branch challenge

CAS-ual Friday - Out on a limb

No stamping involved in this card at all... the die cut from Tim Holtz was a purchase last year but never used till today.  I cut the tree from Kraft card stock and distressed with Vintage Photo and Pine Needles distress inks.  Cut the bird from red card stock and added to an off white textured base.  I've added this to the following challenges
City Crafter Challenge Blog ~ Christmas Colours
CAS-ual Fridays ~ Out on a Limb

and my second card uses a freebie stamp from a magazine.  It is a Forever Friend teddy bear.

Forever Friends Christmas

I stamped and coloured with Copics and paired it with a Kaisercraft sentiment.    This one is entered into these challenges
Penny Black and More ~ Traditional Christmas colours
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes

Now to let you know that Die Cut Divas guest for December is none other than Barb Engler.    Do go and visit and find out a bit more about her and see her beautiful card.

And finally I'll leave you with this beautiful photo I took while I was out on my walk this evening.  I took this at 7.50pm



It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed my walk.












7 comments:

joy said...

Love your cards, Dawn! The teddy bear is so cute.

Gorgeous photo - I could actually get into walking every day if I had such a setting in which to do so!!!

Barb said...

With all the cold temps we're having right now - I could REALLY use that beach! Lol!

Love your wonderful cards, Dawn! And thanks for the shout out and for inviting me to guest design for Die Cut Divas - so fun! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Dawn - love the die-cut one! And what a stunning view of Rangitoto!! One of the few photos that would make me consider staying in Auckland for more than a few days!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Great cards, Dawn! I really love how you used the die cuts! Gorgeous beach picture, too--wonderful place for a walk!

Arlene said...

Great distressing on that branch. The bear is adorable.

What a wonderful walk to enjoy - how nice to be able to walk along the beach.

vic said...

Hi dawn your cards are lovely! How sweet is that forever friends bear ! I really like your red bird too very sweet!

Vic x

Stamp with Angela said...

Lovely cards Dawn