Thursday 12 September 2013

Happy Birthday to my Dad

Earlier this week it was my Dad's birthday.  I had made his card a while ago as I saved postage and sent his Father's Day card, this birthday card and one for my brother ( his birthday is Saturday) all at one time.  I rang and had a nice chat with Dad on his birthday .... two calls in one week!


I did some embossing and some die cutting and some distressing as well.  The photo is, of course, the birthday boy.  I used a Hero Arts sentiment cut as a banner.   The  clock is a Spellbinders die that I have had for quite some time but never used.  (It had been on a half price sale) 

I miss having my parents close by so was lovely to talk to them over the weekend and again on Tuesday evening.  Mum and I write each other a big long e-mail once a week.... just like writing a letter to her but instant postage!  Miss you guys!!!!!  ( that's 'cause I know Mum reads this!)

entering this into the challenge at Simon Says Stamp ~ embossing.  My background is a Sizzix embossing folder. 

Well I've got 5 ATC's to make for a swap so that's my night planned.  Hubby is out of the country for 3 nights ~ work trip to Singapore so I'm making the most of the ME time.

Take care

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Dawn, and how special to have your parents still alive. :-)
Enjoy your 'me' time.
Blessings
Maxine

Isha Gupta said...

Wishing your Dad a wonderful day Dawn. Lovely card:)

Maureen Morton said...

What a lovely card for a dear guy, Dawn! So nice that you can stay so connected. You are a special daughter, for sure.

Brenda said...

Your Dad must have loved his card Dawn! Yes, it's crappy being far away from our parents, I only just recently moved closer to my Mom.

Greta said...

What a terrific card for your dad, Dawn--happy birthday to him! I love that clock die cut, the colors, using a picture of him--everything makes this so special!

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Dawn, I love all the different textures of the embossing.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx