Tuesday 6 August 2013

A little bit of Steampunk

Steampunk (sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery,) isn't something I have done a lot of.  But this month, Olga at Little Blue Button Stamps  has designed a very cute image called "Steampunk Jessica"

So of course, I had to make a Steampunk background for her.
  

I started by added some tinfoil to card stock.  I then put this through a Spellbinders M-bossabilties folder.  I then used a variety of mediums to colour it up.  Distress stains, Alcohol inks and finally some acrylic paint in black .  For my flower piece I cut a small doily die from Couture Creations, trimmed to fit. I added some netting and then some paper flowers.  Jessica was coloured and fussy cut and layered onto the background.  I haven't added a sentiment yet but will do so before I use the card.  I am happy with the results. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Wishing you a good week.
 

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done for a venture into steampunk - it has a great look to it!
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

Fabulous card,love it.xxx

joy said...

Great steampunk card, Dawn! I've never been that good at this genre!

Arlene said...

And WOW! You should be happy with the results! I LOVE IT!!! You are my queen os steampunk.

Greta said...

That is an incredible background, Dawn! Wonderful work!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
I am Wowed by your steam punk efforts, you have successfully feminised the card by using that image, great work.
Smiles:)
Sue

Monika Reeck said...

the BG is really lovely...and she is totally cool Image...fit together Dawn ...great choice of BG and Image...great card dear