Tuesday 28 May 2013

Dare to Dream

I really liked the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch this week

 

Dare to Dream

I was playing around with some Gelatos.  I drew straight onto the stamp and spritzed with water and stamped onto the card that I had masked on an angle.    I used a technique I learnt on His & Hers Online class to make my line.  I masked a thin space and used Memento Peanut Brittle ink along it.   The butterflies were punched from watercolour paper that I had used Gelatos on and overstamped with an Inkadinkado flourish using Golden Glitz Delicata ink.   The sentiment is from Couture Creations.    I wanted to added some sequins but as soon as I saw the stars in my jar of mixed sequins I knew I wanted to use them.    

I've also added this to the CAS challenge over at A blog named Hero

Today was one of the coldest we've had in Auckland for quite some time.   Several big storm fronts came through.
this was taken out the window from my office at around 9.00am this morning.  You couldn't see the city ~ it moved really fast and within minutes, thunder, lightening and heavy rain.    Parts of the South Island had the first heavy snow fall of the year.  


This photo was taken by a friend in Dunedin.  The city doesn't often get snow, but today was very snowy.

Thanks for stopping by. 



13 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lovely CAS card Dawn! Hope the weather does not get worse! Sydney was totally fogged out this morning and flights were diverted to Melbourne n Brissy.

Maureen Morton said...

You lovely photo makes me shiver, Dawn! Just as we are gearing up for one of our warmest weekends of the year so far. I love how you used the Gelatos - need to dust mine off! You've captured such a great vintage feel.

Barb said...

Wow! Those photos are scary, Dawn - hope the storms didn't do any damage!

Love your beautiful card! Those watercolor stripes look so awesome!

Kara Lynne said...

I love the gelato technique on those stripes. Wow! That storm looks scary.

Greta said...

Looks like quite the storm! Makes our weather not seem too bad. Your card is wonderful, Dawn! Love how you used the Gelatos & the Golden Glitz!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Love this card and I love your technique for the lines they look amazing ....very me I might add, I would love to experiment doing these myself!!!!
Are you liking the Gelatos? I have not gone down this path as yet only because I have not found any in the stores, but seeing this I may have to search online.
Smiles:)
Sue

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your card, brilliant take on the sketch.
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Dawn - love the effect you obtained with the gelatos!
We were cold here too - thankfully no snow - we got that last winter!
Blessings
Maxine

judkajudi said...

I still have trouble wrapping my brain around your seasons being the opposite of ours! I love this "dream" card, Dawn! The sequin stars are just perfect!!

Stamp with Angela said...

Wonderful card Dawn. It certainly has been cold.

Virginia L. said...

Love your take on this sketch! The inking and colors are gorgeous! I hope your winter won't get too severe! It's hard for me to think about snow right now! Sending warm hugs!

Monika Reeck said...

Sweet card Dawn....nice butterfly on there..big hugs

Unknown said...

TFS awesome talent.