Thursday 18 April 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge #34

Just love this weeks inspiration at Runway Inspiration



Doesn't the black and white look great and the pop of red in her lipstick.
I had an idea in mind... a CAS one-layer card.... so pulled out an old Hero Arts stamp and started

Once I finished and took the photo I really didn't like it.... so I made a change


I simply trimmed the front panel and mounted onto a black card base.  I like it better.   Do you?

And can you see the last of the late afternoon sun?  We have been having some warm weather still but over the last few days we've had rain.... desperately need rain as much of New Zealand is in drought conditions.   Today, some showers in the morning, but then the sun came out and it was nice and warm.

And today was like Christmas for me as my SSS parcel finally arrived (left SSS March 22) Lots of goodies to play with this weekend.

Thanks for visiting.  Come back tomorrow as I'm part of The Old, New, Borrowed and Blue blog hop.


12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card - and yes the black border really finished it.
Enjoy playing with you new toys :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Dawn! I think I like it best with the black border, too! But, I like it both ways. Are you on the North Island? My friends in ChCh were rugged up against a freezing southerly today. I'm still comfy in the mild weather here in Brisbane. ;-)

joy said...

Love it with the added black border! Very pretty, Dawn!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Love the black border and shades of black grey. It adds so much depth to the card.

Doreen said...

Beautiful,lovely design and colours.xxx

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness, Dawn! That is such a perfect take on the photo - wow! Love it! Have fun with all those new goodies! :)

Greta said...

Lucky you--love getting new crafty stuff! Your card is fabulous, Dawn! Amazing what layering it on the black card did--same stamping, but now it pops!

Dawn T said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Michelle. Yes I am in the North Island In Auckland I have family (my parents) live on the Gold Coast

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, love your card.

Loly Borda said...

Beautiful Dawn! I love the second version. TFS and I hope you are feeling better.

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

That's really a neat idea - inspiration from the runway! I love it!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love both versions of the card! I think it's really cool the way your stamping frames the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)