Tuesday 22 January 2013

Playing with Teal.

The challenge over at Crafting your passion this week is "Totally Teal" The design team used images from Saturated Canary ( who is one of the sponsor this week)  It made me think about an image from Saturated Canary called "Nevaeh" that I have.  So I printed her out and this is what came about.

You're so special


I coloured her dress with Copics - blending together a blue and a green to get a teal colour.  I topped this with some baby blue stickles.  Added some Crystalline Kindyglitz for her underskirt.  For her hair colour, I used some Warm Greys and a lemon yellow.    I fussy cut her out.  For her background, I cut a Spellbinders die and inked it with Peacock Feathers while still in the die.  I layer Nevaeh over top.  The flourishes in the corners are a new Delites die from Spellbinders.  I trimmed it so I could put a bit in each corner.  I added some little punched flowers and gems.  The sentiment from Hero Arts is stamped on a Spellbinders Tag die.   The PP is from a freebie from Katy Knight that was in a magazine from a couple of years ago.

I'm enjoying my time on my own, but do miss hubby a bit!  No-one to talk to in the evening.   Only a few more days and Thursday I have a visit from my son to look forward to.  His girlfriend is working till 8.00pm so he's coming round for dinner with me.

Thanks for visiting.  Hope the week has started well for you.

Dawn


2 comments:

sheila said...

what a fabulous image. I love this girl....very very cool coloring and layout design too Dawn. I know what you mean about missing the hubby.....when Joe is gone I do enjoy my time alone but it does get lonely when you turn to tell something and there is no one there!

Suzanne C said...

She is so sweet and the sparkly dress is lovely!