Saturday 28 July 2012

Damask Background

I get a lot of inspiration from visiting blogs and websites all over the internet.... and none more so than when I visit Anne Gaal....Anne's blog Gaal Creative is wonderful.  Anne is not only a talented card maker but also a fabulous scrapbooker, mixed media artist, painter and photographer.   Anne is also very generous, giving details of how she makes her cards so if you want to try out her techniques, you can.   Anne recently used a Penny Black Damask stamp and some Kaleidacolor ink to make a fabulous card.  I was inspired to try this technique as well.

Damask background
I used a Hero Art background stamp and some cream glossy card.  I clear embossed the stamp and then used Kaleidacolor ink "Fruitcake"  I used a Penny Black sentiment stamp and some cream cardstock to make a banner for the front of the card.   I matted my background onto some black card and then onto a pink base. 


Did you get to see the Olympics opening ceremony?  Wasn't it awesome.  I really enjoyed it and got quite a thrill to see the New Zealand team marching in.   Not sure how much I'll get to see live as we are 11 hours ahead of England.  Most of the sports will be on overnight.

Well, I've just returned from playing Taxi Driver for my son and some of his friends.  He and his girlfriend are staying here overnight and got me to drop them all off in Takapuna for the start of a night out.   Told them though, Mum's Taxi stops running at 10pm  ( not long after I dropped them off)  No calls will be accepted after this!

Thanks for stopping by.... enjoy the weekend and watching the Olympics.
Dawn

8 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This card is so rich and beautiful, Dawn!! I love how you used the Damask stamp and banners! And yes, I watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics with my family! Boy, I just love anything British--especially their humor! I love the Mr. Bean and James Bond (aka Daniel Craig) part :)

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Also, the black borders are perfect for it!

Maureen Morton said...

Rich, rich, rich! Love everything about this beauty, Dawn! Great sentiment banner.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Gosh Dawn this is a very dramatic card, which is unusual for the White
Palette; the embossing hits you like a slap in the face... metaphorically speaking of course; you have a good feeling with this. The decision to use the strong inked colours emphasise the pattern incredibly well.
Great card.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Dawn this is stunning - love the richness of the background - it is a real eye-catcher!!
I only saw parts of the opening, and not much since - we are with the grandies and loving it!!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Love the Damask background too Dawn this look so fab..I have bought new damask stamp but a mini one LOL :)

Greta said...

Really beautiful, Dawn!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, stunning background.
luv
Debby