Saturday 30 June 2012

Sparkle.........

I recently won some Gelatos over at Nancy's blog but have been a bit scared to use them... really 'cause I have no real idea how to use them.  Late this afternoon after a day of cleaning out my pantry I thought I'd give them a try.  I also have seen Nancy and Lin use a masking technique that was shown here by Nichole Heady and wanted to try it out.

Sparkle


So I decided to try my sentiment on an angle for a bit of a change.  I stamped it first, made a space by ruling a line above and below and then masked with Post-It notes.  I then coloured my stamp with the Gelatos.  I spritzed it with some water and then stamped it onto the masked card.  The darker colours of blue and green showed up better than the paler blue and green.  I wasn't sure if I had done this right, but after a bit of a look-see on You-Tube I found I had.  Anyhow despite the paler bits I think it looks a bit like Batik and I like how it turned out.  Added a few gems for a bit more sparkle.

And just to show I did do some work today....

Emptied out each shelf, washed it and repacked.   Got the lower shelf and 4 other shelves done... just left the highest top shelf as hubby was out this afternoon and I need his height to take all the bits and pieces off it.

Well, that the first day of the weekend almost done.  I'm off to bed to read some more.  I've just downloaded "The Hunger Games" onto my new Kindle Touch and have started the first book.  Starting to get interesting.  Very pleased with this new e-book.  Easier to use than my old Kobo with a better battery life.  Hopefully it won't die after one year!

Have a great weekend

Dawn 

8 comments:

Barb said...

The blues and greens are beautiful, Dawn! I love the way this turned out too! Way to go cleaning the pantry - always feels good to get something like that done, doesn't it? Hugs to you! :)

Lisa said...

I've never tried the gelatos either
but I think what you did turned out beautifully! Love the batik look you got!!

Monika Reeck said...

The BG is wonderful Dawn..love the mix of the color ....big hugs ...

kiwimeskreations said...

Great work Dawn - the background is stunning.
And well done with the pantry - now I can hear mine telling me it wants that treatment......
Blessings
Maxine

Scrumplescrunch said...

I love the vibrancy of this card Dawn, it has a sense of movement, and the cool colours have energy, and it is engaging. I think you have made a good job of using the gelatos.
Smiles:)
Sue

Maureen Morton said...

Such a diligent worker, Dawn! I do the same thing - no crafting until I get my chores and exercise done. Love the depth of color - I won some from Nancy, too and have been playing. I have only posted one card so far....still experimenting. Lots of great color and fun!

Greta said...

Love this card! Beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Sometimes a little straightening feels so good. Love that masking technique and your card is wonderful!