Friday 23 March 2012

Stamps and Dies



I was in one of my LSS today and there was a display of stamps and die sets.... there are just so many now... I bought one last Friday ~

and I've got this one in my latest Simon Say Stamp order ( due any day now)

 
I made a card over the weekend with the one I bought on Friday... My card was for a couple of challenges
*Simon Says Stamps challenge ~ a bit of green
* CAS-ual Fridays  challenge ~ 123

Playing with New stamp/die set
 
CAS-ual Friday challenge was  1) Pattern 2) an image  and 3) Sentiment. 

I used soft Pool to stamp the sprig onto the green card for my background pattern.  I used markers to colour the sprig for my image and stamped the HA sentiment in Cup'o'Joe ink.    Also entered into the Hero Arts March challenge.... fabulous flowers. 

Have you joined Tim Holtz's On-line class?  I have, but am way behind in doing my technique tags.  My manilla tags are way littler than his, so don't look as impressive.... and I don't have a lot of the products and are making do.  Day 2 tags done as distress ink IS something I have.... lots of them.  I think I am only about 3 short of the original 36 colours, and have the two lots of seasonal colours.  I LOVE them.... particularly for using as a colouring medium.

Well the weekend has started for me.... I'm off to do supermarket shopping for Emma... some of the comforts of home to take with us for her, like Cookie Bear chocolate chippie cookies... ( made by Griffins)




Have a great weekend all...

Dawn 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn the pool color is like a magnet! It draws you in! Wonderful little pops of color on the flowers. Happy Friday!