Sunday 10 July 2011

Tatty Teddy and July's CCC

I've been struggling a bit this week with ideas ~ sometimes they just seem to flow.... other times it's hard work.  Yesterday was Stamp Group....8 hours of stamping ( give or take time for lunch and chatting!!!) and I really didn't have much creativity.... I did manage a few cards but wasn't that happy with a couple.... I had a DT one to do.... why is it always harder when you HAVE to make a card in a PARTICULAR theme or genre.... with certain stamps~  oh well... it's finished but I'm not that happy with it.... got a few days till the deadline so might have another go ...

But I digress... this post is about the July CCC..  Most of my readers will know about this... but if not... pop over to Lily Pad Cards blog and have a read.  It's a fun exchange of a card.  Each month there is a theme, colour inspiration or sketch.  This month I looked at the sketch.
Decided to flip it vertically and this is what I came up with...........
For CCC July
The Tatty Teddy stamp came as a Freebie with Docraft's Creativity Magazine At the time I purchased the magazine, I saw the matching inks for the Teddy but didn't buy them.  So I used Memento Black and Copics to colour him.   The background is a Cling stamp by Stampendous ~ called "Dreams" one of the ones I won.   I stamped in in Stormy Sky Distress ink and then sponged it with the same ink.  Sponged round the edge of the scalloped oval as well.

I also got another Docraft Tatty Teddy stamp while I was at the Paperzone stand at SENZ and used it to make a baby card for Rachel and Angus...
A Star is Born
I added colour to the star with a gel pen so it is really sparkly for real.  I used the computer to generate the sentiment and cut it out with a Spellbinders Grommet Tag.  The ribbon is thread through the tag and tie in a bow at the side. Tatty Ted is stamped twice.... once on the circle and once on a scrap piece and coloured and cut out and layered with pop dots.  The inside sentiment " A star is born to light up your lives"   And here is what is being sent over for Willem so he knows he's half Kiwi....
I picked them up at a Craft Co-op a couple of months ago.  Couldn't resist....

Well it's been a cold winter's day today after a stormy few days and last night around 3.30am was woken by a HUGE clap of thunder and a few flashes of lightening.  Heard more thunder before but nothing eventuated.  

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends whatever they may hold.

Take care
Dawn

5 comments:

Cathy A said...

Hi Dawn. I have so enjoyed visiting your blog, I am amazed you got any cards made during your stamping session, when ever I meet up with friends to craft all we end up doi g is chatting!

Thanks for sharing your blog details with us at Penny Circle on flickr.

Virginia L. said...

Hey Dawn! Love your sketch card! I like how you make it into a monochromatic color scheme! I know what you mean about having to make a card when you are supposed to..sometimes the creativity is just isn't there! I am also testing out leaving comments here.. it seems to work fine! The blogger's has been a little funny sometimes. I just hope the acting up will not last. Stay warm!!

Vicky said...

Aww I love Tatty Teddies, they are so cute and you have used them on your cards beautifully. xx

Lisa said...

OH is Tatty Teddy ever cute! Adorable baby card and the CCC cared in blues is awesome! That is a particularly cute image :)

Suzanne C said...

Adorable teddies! Lovely designs and the shoes look so fun and comfortable.