Saturday 18 June 2011

Lucy's Lovely Lines over at the Lily Pad.


Over at Lily Pad Cards this week, Lucy's lovely lines sketch is this:


 As soon as I saw it I had a card in mind.... but what I produced was NOTHING like that!!!!!!!!! Here's my interpretation

Lucy's Lines at the Lily Pad

Not sure what happened.  The Simple Frame and the vines were there but not the colour scheme or the sentiment... I started with some watercoloured paper I'd made that was greeny.  Stamped the frame with Shabby Shutters, masked and added the vine in Crushed Olive and Pumice Stone.  Thought it needed some texture so used the French script in the Shabby Shutters.   Cut it out and distressed round the edges. stamped the ticket onto a scrap of the watercolour paper and matted it with some darker green and then using some twine added it to the panel.  I took the lighter green card stock and stamped the Script in Peeled Paint and then mounted the panel with dimensional dots.  Added a few gems and it all just came together.  As I did use a pit of watercolour painting~ used the Shabby Shutters to fill the bits of the leaves that I missed stamping, I am also entering this into the Hero Arts monthly challenge.      and Wee Memories two week challenge

Now just a quick peek at what was bursting out this morning....
bursting out
Here it is middle of the year and winter time and this little beauty was bursting out.  The chrysalis was on my outside washing airer and had been there for an age... so long, I thought it had died.... but no just waiting for some sun to shine on it.  After a dreadful day yesterday some early morning sun arrived... ( on and off all day now)

Thanks for looking... have a great weekend

Dawn

11 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Your card has many elements that is a joy to behold. Olive/green is a colour that does not rate well unless it is combined in an interesting and complex way, and then it is appealing, just like your card.
Smiles:)

Nancy K said...

I love it when cards just seen to tell us what they want to be...this one is lovely, so glad you followed your inspiration.
What an amazing photo of the butterfly, thanks for sharing! The colors are incredible, better late than never, right!
So happy you played in this Lily Pad Challenge, Dawn!

Virginia L. said...

A beauty was born---well, the card and the butterfly (each in its own right), that is!! Love your take on the sketch!! It's just a sketch and you can interpret it any way you want! Love the layering and shading!!

Pajalu said...

I agree with everyone else. Your card is beautiful, I love what you have done & how it all came together. The butterfly is so pretty. We get them here as well, I think they are called "Golden Wanders" but don't quote me on that ;) xoxoxoxoxo

CinnamonSally said...

Love your beautiful green card Dawn and such a beautiful photograph of the butterfly!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely use of the sketch! The greens are beautiful. Gorgeous picture of the butterfly!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Dawn! I love the colours and all your layering! What a fab photo of the butterfly, looks amazing!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card Dawn! I love the picture of the butterfly laying off it's old life and ready to fly!

Lisa said...

I love these colors, Dawn- green's my favorite!! Love all these different stamps you have put together- Looks great!
I can't believe what an amazing photo of the chrysalis and the butterfly! That is really something! Beautiful :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Dawn, love the monochromatic and elegant colors!

Unknown said...

I think this card is very successful! And thank you for sharing the photo of the butterfly emerged from her cocoon - so wonderful. Thanks for playing at the Lily Pad!