Wednesday 9 March 2011

Going Green....

Not organically that is..... but the card I made for my great niece's birthday is very green... in colour of course.....

Wishing you happiness

I had some lovely soft green spotted PP and I used it to make both the background and to paper piece the top of the Pure Innocence image.  I coloured her with Copics, cut her out and put onto the card.  I used two small triangles of green bazzill scraps to do the faux corner.   The sentiment is from a lovely set by My Favorite Things.  This is for Sophie, who turns 5 on the 15th March.  Not quite St Patrick's Day but the green colours for it!!!

Got my results back from my MRI yesterday.... I have no disc between my L4 and L3 vertebrae so looks like surgery to fuse the two together.  I have to wait to see if ACC ( accident compensation ) will pay as I hurt my back slipping on some wet tiles.... or whether I will have to pay.  If ACC pays, they will also pay 4/5th of my time off work, otherwise I will need to use sick leave, annual leave or leave without pay.  So you can guess I'm hoping they come to the party.  Not sure when I will find out....

Only one more week to my darling daughter leaves the country.  While I am pleased for them, I will miss her dreadfully.  No more calls during the week at work, no more girly shopping days.... will have to get the Skype up and working again...

Thanks for stopping by.  Your lovely comments are appreciated as always.  Take care

9 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card Dawn. So sorry to hear about your operation...hope the insurance will pay. Skype is the next best thing but sometimes it doesnt work so try yahoo for talking too. Nothing is good like family being near. I will have you in my thoughts always.
Hugs

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Aunty Dawn, Sophie will love it!! I can't believe that it's only 1 week til Emma leaves, that countdown has gone extremely fast! Big hugs for you xxxx

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card, my favourite PI girl! Sorry to hear about your back troubles - really hope it all works out for you hun, Jo x

Pajalu said...

Dawn your card is fantastic!!! I love it, what a great card. I hope that every thing works out for you with your back. Sending lots of hugs your way xoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

Wow, that time went fast. It's so hard when they go so far away. I'm glad that technology makes it a bit easier. I love your green card, Dawn! The folded corner with the flower looks wonderful! So sorry to hear about your back. . .no wonder you're in pain! Yikes, no disc. . .ouch! Hope the ACC comes through. . .big hugs to you, my friend!

Lin said...

Cute card, Dawn - love those Pure Innocence images! I know it's hard to see your daughter flying the coop, but that seems to be the way of things nowadays. You'll have lots of company in that camp!

~amy~ said...

Such a cute card...take care of yourself.

Tiffany Ervin said...

She looks so super sweet!! Lovely colors on this card! Dawn, I'm praying for you for your back problems!! Hope you get the result you want from the insurance aspect of it all! Big hugs!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card and image! Lovely coloring. Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it works itself out with the time off.