Thursday 30 December 2010

A fabulous day in Paradise....

Yesterday was a stunning day... after a couple of days of wet weather, yesterday dawned warm and sunny.  I spend part of the morning pottering here on the 'net, catching up on blogs, checking out some new videos on Copic colouring, and generally relaxing.  Then I popped over to my friend Susan's place for lunch.  Sue ( aka Srcumplescrunch) got a new toy for Christmas... a Cricut, so I had to go see.  She was in the middle of making a "Leftover Tag" for Lousie's challenge ( here) and so I watched her creating.... she took some part circles for the base... bits that didn't turn out right in her practise with the Cricut, added some iridescence medium to the image, inked up the words... and this is how it turned out.
Isn't it wonderful.  Go visit her blog  here and have a look around. 

Once I left Sue's place, I went to physio.  I have an ongoing issue with a degenerative disc in my lower back that is not progressing as well as I hoped and I am undergoing weekly physio which I hope will help.   When I got back to the car I noticed my temperature guide was saying the outside temp was 28 degrees C.... very very warm, so home and into the swim suit and a 1/2 km walk to spend some time lying, reading, at the beach.  Just magic.  Finally made it back home at 1/4 to 6 to think about something for dinner.
No cards were made yesterday, but got some lovely distress backgrounds made, stamped a couple of images at Sue's so plenty of inspiration.  

this morning I came across this wonderful post on my friend, Nancy's blog... Top Lists for 2010.  Great reading.

Wishing everyone a very happy New Year.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Dawn! Sounds like just my kind of day! Warm, sunny and relaxing! How nice that you and Sue live close enough to craft together. I love her blog and visit often! I really enjoyed Nancy's post too! Happy New Year to you, my friend!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hi Dawn thanks for the blurb you wrote about me and my Blog.
We did have a good day didn't we? I have to agree 100% that N.Z. IS a wonderful place, but we must restrain our enthusiasm otherwise everyone will want to come here!!!including the Aussies and we could not possibly have that!!!!
We may have to put some negative comments about the country! Mmmmm... we could make some up! Ha
Smiles:)

Suzanne C said...

Sounds like a lovely day! A little sun, crafting and visiting friends (both on-line and in person) your friends tag is gorgeous!

Sanne said...

Hi Dawn....sound like a fun day!
Happy new year back to you :)
Greetings from Denmark
Sanne

stampingandstitching said...

Sounds like the perfect day, Dawn! Sue's tag is absolutely gorgeous! I hope the physio helps with your back.