Tuesday 12 October 2010

Christmas trees

The final cards I made on Saturday were both the same... just slightly different colours.  I made them towards the end of the evening.... and it was getting the sentiments on that told me it was time to go.....  I was using a stamp'am'gig to make sure it was straight and twice in a row I stamped it upside down on the plate... Luckily I did that rather than straight on my card or I would have been a bit peeved!!!!  So here they are

IMG_2046


IMG_2047


I started by stamping the Pine Bough in Forest Green distress ink on one and Rhubarb Stalk Momento ink on the other and then using the distress ink as a paint, coloured in the pine needles and well as adding some pearlescent paint for shine.  The sentiment is from a set by Stamp-It.  Nice clean and simple cards.  Great idea for mass production.

I have also got a couple of photos of Connor's birthday cake - made by my talented daughter...

How cute is this..... Apparently Connor was over the moon with his cake.

Thanks for visiting - hope you week goes well

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Great cards, Dawn! And that cake is amazing!!!! Wow, your daughter really is talented!!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn! I love the soft effect you achieved by stamping and then colouring in a bit! The cake is brilliant, well done to your daughter! Connor must have been delighted with his cake and birthday card!

Barb said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Love your pretty branches and that cake your daughter made is fabulous! Wow! Bet it was yummy too!

Suzanne C said...

Love both the cards and the red adds a nice contrast. That cake is fantastic and I bet he was happy with it!

donna mikasa said...

Love your cards, Dawn! The stamp-a-ma-jig is a lifesaver, isn't it?

And that is one awesome cake! Your daughter is so talented!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful cards Dawn. Love the fire engine cake... just what a 4 year old boy who loves firemen and fire engines would adore. Congrats to your very talented daughter.

Monika Reeck said...

lovely card and I love the sentiment Dawn....nice cake woow...I wish I have a bit talent to make a cake like your daughter....happy bday Connors and hope he has a happy day...hugs