Thursday 12 August 2010

Dream Big

I  was trying out some of Jennifer McGuire's thinking inking techniques.... this one is using distress ink to cover the background and then using water on your stamp to impress the image onto the distress ink.  I used pearlised water in a blue colour to stamp this background.

Dream Big


I used Hero Arts Sunburst stamp to do the water stamping.  This was the second go after messing up the first sheet (thanks to Donna's idea I now have a pile of butterflies)  I then used a Memento Rhubarb Stalk in to overstamp the  Silhouette Grass(Hero Arts) and add the sentiment (Rosie's Studio)  The butterfly was embossed in white onto vellum.  I added the sheer ribbon and bow and scalloped the edge with a Martha Stewart punch.  I have entered this into Anne's Distress ink challenge for August.   I was going to enter it for Play Date Cafe's colour challenge but was too late :-(  Also entered for Wee Memories ( butterfly) and Simon Says Stamp and Show ( Things with Wings)

On the health front... I have almost got rid of the cold/cough finally.  I had a half day Monday and yesterday lasted till 3pm before having to come home and have a "Nana Nap" before tea!!!!!  Today I managed a full day........ and did a half hour presentation at our Northern Regional Meeting - presented the overview of a workgroup I am involved in, to 45 of my peers.  So feeling a bit tired tonight.  I'm making a card the same as above but in greens - then off to bed for an early night.

Take care  -  the weekend is nearly here.... and only 2 days work next week for me!!!!

10 comments:

Lin said...

This is gorgeous, Dawn! Love the lace punch, the vibrant colors! So glad to hear you're almost better!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So very pretty, love that butterfly and the sheer ribbon really ties it all in wonderfully!

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty tfs!

Anita Rex said...

Well Dawn I must be such a blonde but I just noticed that you had teh follower option to your blog. How did I miss this? What is up with me? So happy that I realized this! Oh I just noticed the New Zealand time, I think I saw that before. Lots of crafty time over there for you, for me it's close to midnight if not after already! Love this card. So pretty and I love your butterfly. The background looks like it was fun! BTW Your comments on my blog always make me smile!

Barb said...

Hi Dawn! I love this card and the fun technique you used! The colors are gorgeous and the hint of blue is so cool! I love the butterfly too. . .so pretty! Glad to hear you are finally feeling better! Hugs!

donna mikasa said...

Such a great technique and a great card, too!

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a lot better and in good time for your holidays too! Wonderful card! The background looks amazing - love the technique you used and the colours are gorgeous! The delicate butterfly and ribbon are so pretty too!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Glad you are getting better!

Sanne said...

Wonderful cards (as allways) since my last visit to your blog. I haven´t been in the mood for card making since I came back from holiday hope it will come back to me ;0) It has been hard starting job after 4 weeks break and when I come home I just enjoy the sun and visit my friends. So for now I just enjoy my blogfriends creations!
Big hug Sanne

Monika Reeck said...

Love your butterfly so adorable touch of the ribbon too....GREAT CARD Dawn...