Wednesday 21 July 2010

All things Asian.........

that's this month's challenge theme over at Die Cut Divas.  Last night I had a tidy up of my Digi images and came across a little Geisha Girl which I got from Sliekje stamps.  I printed it out and made this card..
I coloured it with Copics and Bic Markers and then cut it with a Spellbinders Labels 4 die. Leaving the die on the cut out piece I lightly sponged with blue ink - leaving a white edge on the cutout.  I cut a piece of Washi paper to fit the card base and then added the piece of lime green bazzil to the side with some Washi Tape.  I used a Stampin' Up! sentiment - but didn't notice till I saw the photo that it was stamped crooked.  - Never mind... adds to the hand made character of the card!!!!  ( so says me!!!)

Well that's it more now.... thanks for stopping by. 
PS - 4 weeks today!!!!!   Bought new suitcases in the weekend... now just to make the list of what to take....

11 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

4 weeks only - you must be getting more and more excited! Your card is super cute! I love all the fresh greens in the bg and beautiful colouring on the cute little Geisha girl!

Lin said...

Love how you put this together - really nice, Dawn!

Barb said...

Cute card, Dawn! Such a sweet little image! The lime green is quickly becoming a favorite of mine! Love it!

Deirdre said...

Dawn, congrats on your feature over on CARDS blog. Love your monochromatic card.... woohoo for you.

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! This is sooooo adorable! I'm so glad you shared it with us! I love the colors you picked. And such a sweet Geisha! I love the label shape you used! :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

That is so sweet Dawn, love the fan covering her face like that, so innocent! You'll have to let me know how to play over at Die Cut Divas, I know you posted a thread about it a while ago.

Tomo H. said...

So sweet card! The girl motif and the surroundings went so well!
Congrats Dawn to be featured on HA Social club (just knew before I came here. Sorry to be late with my congrat to you.)
And one more congrats! over at the CARDS blog. (just knew to read the comments for your July 20 post.)

Thanks, Dawn! I finally reached here... I always appreciate your so kind words.
Love, Tomo

Monika Reeck said...

hiii Dawn I love this cuuute Geisha Images so so cuute is it freebie dear...??Lovely Sentiment and paper too....when will you fly to Europe....I wish you can go to Germany too...we can meet after soo many mailing letter cards and blog comment dear....will miss you when you are on the trip...enjoy your holiday then...hugs...

Kathy said...

Dawn...this is precious love the colors and the paper is so bright and happy .HUgs,Kathy

Anita Rex said...

Love this card! Love the design and that cute asian girl hiding behind her fan! 4 weeks your trip is coming up fast! And you made me laugh, with so says me! Who cares if it's crooked!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely Asian card. The paper is perfect pairing to the image.