Thursday 24 June 2010

I got to meet Lilly "Bug".....

and of course her wonderful mum, Paula and her big sis Em....  It was very exciting to go and visit Paula and her two girls when I was over in Australia over the weekend.  I got a couple of photos..... nice one of Lilly ( but not of me!!!) and one of Paula and I together on her deck.  Plus the card I made for Paula and Doug to celebrate Lilly's birth
We had a very enjoyable afternoon visiting.  Saw Paula's lovely crafting area and got a few tips and hints from her as well as a lovely bag of goodies.... stamps, papers, some stickles amongst other stuff....  Thank you heaps Paula.  It was so cool to meet up with an "e-friend".  Paula also gave me directions to a couple of scrapbook/stamping stores... only got to visit one as the other was closed for stocktake!!!  I could have taken some stock of their hands!!!!!  Still did manage a wee spend up....

I totally enjoyed the break away...and catching up with my parents was a bonus.  The weather was nice- two of the days were very warm- managed to sunbathe at the beach and got a touch of colour!!!   Swam in the pool each day ( not as brave as hubby who swam in the sea)  The five days just flew by - now two days later feels like it was an eternity ago.  However 8 weeks and I'll be in England.... that's something to look forward to...

thanks for visiting.  Time to craft now....

12 comments:

Barb said...

Welcome home, Dawn! How fun! I didn't know you were going to meet Paula! Thanks for sharing the photos! Love seeing both of you! And how sweet is Lilly?!! Sounds like you two had such a nice visit! Love the card you gave to them! So adorable! I'm glad you had a nice time, but I'm also glad you're back....I missed you!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Aww...SO NICE to 'meet' you and Paula! That is so great that our international HA friends are meeting too! Love little Lilly Bug, adorable photo! Wish I could meet you all someday...so far away...

stampingandstitching said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time Dawn and it was brilliant that you got to meet up with Paula! Your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing your photos! Lilly is so cute!

Virginia L. said...

How FANTASTIC that you met up with Paula and BUG!!! It's it fabulous to meet your stamping soul mate/ e-friend? I always feel so special when I meet one. As you know, I met up so many by now, but each meet gives me a big thrill! Thanks also for the card in my mail box. You are so thoughtful, Dawn! I'm glad to "meet" you-my e-friend :)

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn,

As I'm writing this I have Lilly Bug in a sling in front of me & Em is cranky as I kicked her off the "unicorn game" ;). Thanks for visiting with us, we all had a wonderful day. Em loves her sheep & thinks you are wonderful. I am glad that you had a wonderful time here in Australia & that you enjoyed your gifts. I know I had a great time meeting you & your family xoxoxoxoxo

Sanne said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures. So lovely for you two to meet Paula.

CupcakieHelen said...

Hello Dawn, Im sorry I missed you on sunday... got the times mixed up! It seems we are to make friends over the net! ;-) I look forward to returning to your blog!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh that must be fun to meet HA Pal Dawn and your card soooo sweeeetttt love the pink colors on your card...hugs, Monika

donna mikasa said...

Wow, you got to meet Paula and her family AND carry Lilly? So lucky! Thanks for sharing a wonderful time with us!

Suzanne C said...

What a wonderful visit you had! Love the pictures and that you got to shop, visit and talk stamping all fun!

Anita Rex said...

So great to see that you got to meet Paula! And at the best possible time, when she has a newborn baby to cuddle! Loved seeing all your photos! Sounds like you had such a great trip! What a lovely card you made for her as well! I am excited for you with your trip to England too! Sounds like so much fun!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! How cool that you got to meet Paula, Em, and Bug! Yay! :-)