Tuesday 13 April 2010

RIP my dear Friend....


Yesterday morning at 8.00am my very dear friend, Sue, succumbed to her illness and passed away. She was only 66 – way too young to die. Just over 18 months ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a breast removed, last October her cancer was back, this time in her brain. She had to give up work and progressive over the past few months has detoriated. I will miss her wonderful being. She was so serene and peaceful and like a Mum to many at work. Nothing was too difficult for Sue, she was always there... with a ready ear to listen, with a special smile and just being a great friend to many. She will be sadly missed.

I have made this card to send to her family to let them know I am thinking of them.  Inside it says " May you find comfort in knowing Sue touched the lives of everyone is met and our lives have been enriched for having known her"  She really was special.

Although her favourite flower was the Daisy, I'm sure this lovely Dogwood will remind the family of Sue's love of nature.  

Thanks for stopping by today. 

9 comments:

Linda aka Oz said...

Dawn, I cannot say I am sorry to hear of the passing of your friend because I understand the ravages of cancer. I lost my Robert to cancer in the brain. I am sure she is now at peace. I am sorry for you and her loved ones as I am sure she has left a void that no one else will ever fill. Each day will bring a different memory of how she affected your life. Honor those as that is the gift. Your friend, Oz

Vanessa said...

I am so sorry you lost your wonderful friend, Dawn. Your beautiful card is a wonderful tribute to her and your words are very touching. You are in my thoughts!
Sending Hugs,
Vanessa x

Suzanne C said...

Prayers to you and her family. What a lovely tribute you have given here and a beautiful card that her family is sure to appreciate.

Lin said...

What a touching post today, Dawn. Sending hugs as you let your friend go. Your card will indeed bring comfort to her family, and I wish the same for you.

Virginia L. said...

I'm thinking of you, Dawn. And it's so sad to lose someone special to BC. Your beautiful card will bring some much needed comfort to Sue's family!

Nancy said...

You are in my thoughts, Dawn and I will keep you and Sue's family in my prayers. Losing a dear friend is never easy, even though there is peace in knowing her suffering is done. Your beautiful card is a loving tribute and I'm sure it will be a comfort to Sue's family in their sorrow.
praying for God's blessings,
nancy

Pajalu said...

Dawn I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard when a friend & loved one passes on. Know that we are thinking of you & your friends' family xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn I am so sorry to hear that your friend is pass away...want to say your card is so sweet and adorable Dawn great card

Tiffany Ervin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friend Dawn!! Sending you BIG hugs and hoping you will find comfort from all of your family and friends near and far! I'm sure you were very special in her heart and it is indeed so hard to lose a co-worker as well! Take care and your card is so thoughtful!