Sunday 28 February 2010

A little something to cheer up a friend.

Last week my blogger friend Paula sounded a little down in the dumps... nothing major!!! You know how it is sometimes.  Well I had seen a funny card on Deirdre's blog that I thought would be perfect to cheer her up.  So this card that I sent her is the result. 
 
 A big thanks to Deirdre whose card I cased....  Paula tells me it cheered her up no end.   And no I DID NOT send her Chocolate as it really is a NO NO for her at the moment.   Paula has a lovely little girl....so not to let her feel left out I send a card to her - inside it is all about being a Big Sister!!! 
 
I added a few other bits and pieces for the two of them to play with as well.  Do go visit Paula's blog.  She is such a lovely lady and so very talented.  You should see what she has just made for her DD.. any three year olds would love to have this apron.

On another note... today New Zealand is on Tsunami alert...after the 8.8 earthquake in Chile..  so what does my DH do now......  take a walk to the beach to see what is happening~!!!!!  So far there has been minimal signs of it here... but trust him!!!   I'm staying put....   He's back and tells me all is well... so I chance it.  It is such a lovely afternoon I will join him at the beach with my book and togs and maybe have a swim.  Yesterday the water was so warm. 
Have a great day
PS - water lovely, no Tsunami waves!!!

11 comments:

Lin said...

What a lovely thing to do, Dawn! I'm sure it made Paula feel special. So sweet of you! Adorable card.

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, Thanks so much for sending us those cards & a few goodies to boot (despite there being no chocolate);D. Hope your afternoon was wonderful xoxoxoxoxoxo

Nancy said...

Adorable cards, just the thing to put a smile on special faces! Lovely work with a fun sense of humor!

Virginia L. said...

What a SWEET friend you are to Paula! I know she cherishes this! I'm glad that your DH is safe...good thing all is well! Hugs to you! xoxo

Anita Rex said...

Thank God no Tsunami waves!How nice of you to send Paula a card! Love them! :>

donna mikasa said...

I'm sure your cards cheered up Paula and Em, big time! So glad the tsunami fizzled out for you, too! We had a guy with a surfboard out on the water during the tsunami. He won the dumdum prize....

Kelly Booth said...

Such Sweet cards Dawn....I bet it really cheered Paula up!!!
Hugs!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Sweet cards for Paula and Em! So nice of you to send them. Glad to hear you're safe from the tsunami! :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love that 'cheer-me-up' card Dawn! Some images and sentiments are sooo true, aren't they? I'm sure it will put a HUGE smile on Paula's face! You're so thoughtful!

Deirdre said...

Dawn, so delighted that you liked the image too.... I thought it was sooo fun. Just perfect to cheer someone up. Glad Paula liked it too. Great card.

Suzanne C said...

What wonderful cards for Paula and her daughter! Glad you are safe from the damage that could have occurred.