Wednesday 16 December 2009

December Chain card Challenge...

I took part in Deborah Nolan's chain card challenge for December.... and was extremely lucky to get a card from Deborah herself...... and what a card it was....

The card has an opening in the front to see through to the ornament inside.  It is so richly coloured, the red looks like velvet.... I will keep it as a card then next year it can hang on the tree... Awesome card thanks Deborah. 

I have also been having a bit of a blitz on bookmarks again....they went down well at the Hospice fundraising and I keep getting asked to do more....so here we go.....I've made a mosaic  of them all...  I used a Hero Arts stamp on everyone.... did lots of different techniques.  The orange on is a background I did with distress ink ( spiced marmalade and aged mahogany) on a cream card and spritzed with water.  I then stamped the butterflies and added a second one overtop. The next one, I used some new Die Cuts with a View matstock.... La Creme....it is a pad of 72 4.5" x 6.5" heave paper that is mainly creams and blacks with flocking on it... Beautiful  papers.  I add a sentiment from HA and it was done.  I got two the same out of one piece of card... Next is one of the Japanese dolls.  I paper pieced the kimono in gold paper, used a nice background paper and layered it.  I did another Japanese doll in a similar technique for the next card.... and the same again for the following card.  The final card was using another DCWV paper mat...this time from the Blossoms and Butterflies stack.  Have a look at some of the other stacks in these pictures.  You can get the papers also in 12"x12" - but as I don't scrapbook, the smaller size is perfect for cards.  I can see I will be using them for a while to come... with 72 sheets in each pack... there is 3 of each pattern and they are quite heavy - really cardstock weight.

Well thanks for stopping by... I'm off to get the salad done and the house set up for the neighbourhood barbeque that is happening here in about 1/2 hr..... 8 families have been invited... so will see how many turn up.  Hope the lead up to Christmas isn't getting too stressful.  Take care

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Deborah's card is really special, what a treasure! Thanks for sharing your bookmarks, they are so wonderful and have given me some great ideas!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! What a lovely card and ornament from Deborah! Pretty bookmarks, too! :-)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely bookmarks and the ornament card is just too cute!

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a lucky gal you are to receive such a wonder from Deborah, and lovely bookmarks too Dawn!! Hope you're having a great time creating, looks like you are truly enjoying the spirit of the holidays!

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn,

Firstly thank you so much for my Christmas card, it is so beautiful. You are such a wonderful friend :D. Deborah's card/ornament is just beautiful, as are all your book marks.

Wishing you & your family all the best over Christmas & have a Wonderful New Year xoxoxoxo