Thursday 19 November 2009

Lucy colour challenge #1

This week I has some sad news.... a very dear friend has just found out she has more cancer... last year she had a breast removed due to cancer, but now has some tumours in her brain.... I really wanted to make her a card to say I care.
I loved the colours that Lucy had chosen for her very first colour challenge ( kraft, aqua and pale pink- very Lucy colours!!)- but didn't have any aqua card.... then I remember I had seen her earlier post that showed some pale blue digi papers from Jen Allyson available at 2peas. I had downloaded it so found it on my computer and printed it off to use as background. I inked the edge in Faded Jeans distress ink and used my fingernail to distress further. The flower is the new cling I won from Hero Arts. I stamped in on the blue card and then onto pink and the blue again to get the layers. I added Kindyglitz to the centre and some Liquid Pearls in white opal to the tips of the flower and as dots along the bottom. The sentiment is from Stamp It.
For those of you who can, please say a few prayers for Sue... I certainly am...
Thanks for stopping by

10 comments:

Godelieve said...

Lovely card! Great use of those digi papers!

Vanessa said...

All the best for your friend! I love your card, I am sure she`ll love it, too!

Hugs,
Vanessa

donna mikasa said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I know your card will cheer her up and show her that you care. Love the digi paper--so clever!

Diana said...

Best wishes for your friend.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Bless your heart Dawn, such a pretty card, your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness and concern!

CinnamonSally said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, this is such a sweet card I'm sure she will love it.

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Dawn....Sorry to hear about your friend!! hugs....

Lucy Abrams said...

This card is just perfect - thank you so much for playing along, and I hope your friend gets well soon.

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Dawn: So sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep her (and you too) in my thoughts and prayers.

What a nice, lovely card you made, I assume for your friend.

I love how you thought of the digi papers. Thanks for all you recent sweet comments on my blog...they really make my day! Hugs, jj

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Sending happy thoughts to your friend, Dawn. Nice card!