Thursday 12 November 2009

Glittery birthday


Glittery birthday
Originally uploaded by turleyfamily(Dawn)

I had to make a card for a friend at work and my mojo had gone on holiday.... but last night looking at Jennifer McGuire's blog I was inspired by one of her cards and came up with this one. I stamped the Wavy Leaf DB on the pale blue in Faded Jeans distress ink and then used the CB to dry emboss. I had got a new distress ink on Tues - Tattered Rose - so used it to colour the edging ( FIskers Apron lace), the ribbon and the big flower, the smaller flower was coloured with the Faded Jeans, I added Kindyglitz to both ( same sort of stuff as Stickles) The sentiment is from the HA Petite Greetings set. Finished with some black gems and a pearl. Thanks to Jennifer for her inspiration

4 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful Dawn, love everything about this card, and don't you just feel the need to own every TH distress ink, I think I do! ;) Love that vibrant blue!

Vanessa said...

So beautiful, Dawn! I agree with Tiff - every distress ink is essential :)

Hugs,
Vanessa

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful glittery card! Lovely colors.

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! This is such a gorgeous card! Would definitely bring a smile to my face! Love it! :-)