Saturday 24 October 2009

Full on Friday night


Last evening I came home from work and was full of vim..... just wanted to get into the craft room and create.....  So I did..... 3 cards later I felt like I had really achieved something.  I started with a idea I had for Christmas.  I got a new set of stamps from Stamp-it last week (a  Christmas set) and wanted to do a simple card.  I stamped the baubles in purple chalk ink and cut them out and pop dotted  on the card ( where I had stamped them in black)  I then added some Glossy Accents to simulate the look of glass baubles.  Added the sentiment, and double matted onto pale purple and pinky card stock before adding to the white base card.  Turned out okay... but will do some fine tuning - my cutting isn't the greatest.

Next card was another of my Surfer Ian stamps ( from The Greeting Farm).  This one is for my hubby's nephew, Jason, who has a birthday next month.  I used my new Copics and watercolour pencil to colour it in. The waves are from a recycled card I had from a few years ago.  ( Can't throw anything away-  just in case!)  I sponged the nestibility scallop circle with blue distress ink and stamped the sentiment in distress ink as well (Faded Jeans)

Finally I had to do a card for Kathy at work who has a birthday on Wed coming.  I love the look of the distress inks used as a colouring background.  In this one I used Dusty Concord (purple) and Worn Lipstick ( red) to make the background.  I then stamped on the Grid Pattern design block from Hero Arts  stamped the sentiment - also from Hero Arts.  I used some Kaiser flowers for a focal point.  I folded a small in half to make the bud, and them used a larger one for the main flower.  The centre flower was coloured with a purple Copic ( can't believe how easy and vibrant it was)   I edged the card wtih a Purple Marvey Metallic pen, and then layered it onto a very pale pinky/purple card.  It was a very quick card to make.

Thanks for stopping by.  I do appreciate all of you who take the time to visit my blog.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

You are really busy! Love your creations, the grid stamp is my all-time favourite!!!

Hugs,
Vanessa