Monday 7 September 2009

Caarvarks sketch challenge - sketch #2

The current challenge at Caardvarks is to use one of the three sketches done by the talented Heidi Van Laar.  I chose Sketch #2 for my first card.  I had been asked to make a card for a male birthday and the gentleman in question likes fishing.  I made two cards as I'll give the person some options.  The image for this one was found on the internet and printed onto white linen card stock and lightly coloured with chalks.  The patterned paper is Basic Grey and the scalloped edge done with a Fiskars punch.  I layered the scallop under the PP.  The image was also layered onto the PP and I used dimensionals to pop it up a bit.  The sentiment is a Peelcraft one that I coloured black with a permanent marker. 
Thanks for stopping by. 

10 comments:

Pajalu said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that makes more than one card so the person has options ;). This is a great card Dawn.

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! *TWO* terrific fishing-themed cards in one day! that's an impressive achievement!!! (i think "guy cards" are MUCH harder!) how BRILLIANT to think of printing out an online image and coloring it with chalks--and the finished product fits MAGNIFICENTLY into heidi's sketch! ♥

Unknown said...

Oooh wow, Another gorgeous card! Someone is going to have a very tough time choosing between these two!

SmilynStef said...

Another fabulous masculine design ... love the subtle color of the chalks.

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow this is awesome!

Suzanne C said...

Love the little boy fishin by the pond and that you added a touch of color in the water.

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I like how you paired the red Basic Grey pattern with its compliment green. The gold tones really pull it all together. :-)

Tomo H. said...

Oh wow! Awesome!
Dawn, all the parts (design and colors) work so well together - The conbination like this is so difficult for me... TFS!

Arlene said...

Lovely colors - wonderful image to use.

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Images and nice color combo Dawn....Adorable creation, hugs