Sunday 19 July 2009

Three Ferns


Three Ferns
Originally uploaded by turleyfamily(Dawn)
I got some time this afternoon to make a card using one of the shrinky plastic embellishments I made using alcohol ink on Friday. I made a red and yellow with pearl fixative background and used it to stamp the fern on. I wasn't fast enough to get the ink off before it dried, so left it as the brown ink on the background. I layer both the stamped piece and the tagged piece onto kraft and then onto the pink card stock. I used a gold calligraphy ink pen to edge all the pieces. The tag was popped to give some dimension to the card. I liked the way the tag is a more intensive colour than the background.

This afternoon Emma and Brad called round. I hadn't seen them for a couple of weeks so it was great to catch up. They both have been busy at work and continuing to work on their house. Emma came to "borrow" again from my stash. She was making a guest book for the wedding. She had covered an A4 sized note book cover in white and silver patterned paper and wanted something more for the front. I found a lovely black rub-on that said "Forever and Ever" - it was perfect. She had also been to Spotlight and got the bits to make Wine Glass Tags. She is going to put the guest names onto pale shell squares with a little metal oval embellishment engraved with Love, some white and black beads and use them as place settings for the tables.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Lovely card! I like the shrink plastic element you made! Have a super weekend! :-)

Vanessa said...

Great card, Dawn! I never tried shrink plastic, you make me want to!

Hugs
Vanessa