Friday 24 July 2009

I {Heart} Hero Arts Blog Hop

I thought that before I head off early tomorrow morning (Saturday) to go to Levin for my SIL's funeral, I'd get my card made for the I {Heart} Hero Arts Blog Hop.
I came home early from work so I could do the housework then make a card. So it had to be a simple card. I saw the colour combo in a magazine and thought it would look nice.
Base card is black. Next I used my Fiskars edge punch to trim a sky blue card. This was trimmed to just smaller than the card base to leave a matt. Next I trimmed the red card stock. On this I stamped in Versamark with C4795 Delicate Leaves and in Versa fine black the sentiment from CL272 All Occasions set. On a scrap piece of red I stamped my favourite butterfly stamp F5158 Heart winged butterfly in versamark and embossed it in white. I used the technique from this weeks "thinking inking" with Jennifer McGuire and spead Kindyglitz over the wings. I popped dotted this onto the sky blue square which was matted onto black. For the ribbon I didn't have any blue, so used a sheer and white piece with a strip of the blue card stock glued underneath.
Now as part of the blog hop Ashley wants us to answer a couple of questions:
a. Tell us your Hero Arts story. How did you get started using Hero Arts products? b. Hero Arts is full of great people. Tell us why you are thankful for Hero Arts!
- so how did I start. I've been stamping since April 2008 when I went to a club day at one of my local stamp shops after hearing about it. They had some lovely Hero Arts stamps as did the other stamping store, where I went for a beginners session.... and then I became hooked. I found HA stamps to be such great quality and design that I now have many many of them. About August I found the HA site and the blog and for a few months lurked around before finally taking the plunge in January and joining the Flickr group.
and b) I am thankful for HA as their site and blog are so inspirational. I have meet some amazing ladies on line and been involved in some swaps which are really great. During the last month with all the grief and sadness in my husbands family, these ladies have been there with kind thoughts and best wishes. All stemming from our love of HA stamps and their blog. SO THANK YOU HERO ARTS from the bottom of my heart. And to all my lovely friends - THANK YOU TOO.

32 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

wow Dawn stunning card and love the colour combo...I am loving reading everyone's hero arts story...hugs kath xxxx

Cathy A said...

Dawn, fantastic card, thanks for sharing your story.

Debbie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Big hugs!
What a beautiful card.
take care debbie
(dedernc3)

Kelly Booth said...

Hi Dawn...so sorry to hear about the grief your going though...Big hugs from me...
Love your card....so Pretty!
Hope you have a safe trip!
Hugs....

Beverley said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card. I really like your color combo! I'm sorry to hear about yours & your husbands families grief & sadness. Hugs x

Julie Batta said...

Hi, Dawn. First of all, I am very sorry for your family's loss. My heart is full of sadness for you. Here is a hug for you.

Love your card. It is so beautiful. I love the butterfly, the border punch and the colors.

Unknown said...

So sorry about your loss, The Card is Beautiful

Heather Maria said...

Dawn, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I love your card. It's so beautiful.

Mabel said...

This is one of my favorite HA stamps for ever, pretty card!!

Kryssi said...

i love the colors u used

Chris Millar said...

Your card is so wonderful Dawn!! The design and colours are so special!! So glad we met on the group!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely stunning!
Gorgeous colours!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about our SIL Dawn. You're family is in my prayers. I love your card! fabulous colors and design!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Sending lots of hugs your way, Dawn. Great card!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card, the colors are so pretty together. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jennifer said...

love the color and design. great work!

Laura said...

I love this layout. The butterfly on the square and the lace bottom look fantastic!

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Dawn! Fantastic card! Love your color combo. The card design is really beautiful!

Pajalu said...

Dawn firstly I'm so sadden to hear of your SIL's passing. Know that I am thinking of you & your family at this time. Your card is beautiful as is your story. Wishing you lots of love xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally stunning card, Dawn!! Love the color combo!!

laura vegas said...

such a pretty card dawn! and such a touching story.

LaurieS said...

Well you were right on the money with the card colors, they are gorgeous! This card is really stunning, I love it!

Lucy Abrams said...

So sorry to hear about your sister in law. Thinking of you,
Beautiful card with a fab colour scheme - well selected. :)

Lin said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! So elegantly done! Loved hearing your story. Will be thinking of you this weekend.

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn this is a Beautiful card...love your butterfly and the color

please take a look at my blog... I've got a little surprise for you :)

Hugs, Monika

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh, Dawn!! Your card is so stunning!! I love the color combo!!

Shanna said...

Oh what a pretty card! And one of my favorite color-combos! Love this!

Gretchen said...

Love the combination of colors... I think I need that butterfly stamp!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! What a terrific card! The soft blue and red make a great color combination! I like the edging at the bottom of the blue over the black. It really pops. And the Kindyglitz over the butterfly must shimmer in real life! Happy Blog Hopping! :-)

1scrappycat said...

Simple, but beautiful! Prayers for your family {hugs},
Cathy

Virginia L. said...

Love your beautiful card, Dawn! Thank you for sharing your story and your talent!

Arlene said...

Lovely and calming blog page.

I love your beautiful card, striking.

I am sorry for your loss, it's so hard to lose friends.