Sunday 5 July 2009

Card for Michael

Our friend Michael's birthday is on the 23rd July. He is having a party on the Friday night, so I decided that I need to make him a card. This is one I made at Stamp Camp in May. I didn't make very good notes on how to do it, but it seemed to come out okay. The shiny background is made by using ModgePodge on black card and let it dry. Then sprinkle the top side of the Cuttlebug folder with Peralex Interference Green, Violet and Blue. Emboss the card and when completely dry - sand it back. Stamp the Penny Black 2925F Gift Boxes in versamark on black card and emboss with Buff Pearl Blue, Green and Violet. Cut out and pop dotted to the card front. I layered the background onto gold paper and then black card stock. Inside I put a white insert with " The best gift to give yourself on your birthday is the joy of living another year to the fullest" and popped another one of the gift boxes on the page.

Hubby is just going through all the stuff we bought back from his Mum's place. Lots of old photos and bits and pieces and nic nac's. Will need to reorganise my china cabinet to put some of the pieces in.

6 comments:

Arlene said...

Great card. Love the colors and look of it.

Diana said...

Love this card Dawn. Lovely colors. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! What a beautiful card! I love the different sparkly, shiny interference colors on the black background! Stunning! :-)

Kelly Booth said...

Wonderful Card Dawn...Love the Colors and Technique...

Tomo H. said...

Wow! Great card, Dawn! Love the beautiful shiny color combination and the design! Wonderful!

Monika Reeck said...

Very shiny card Dawn...great idea and great color....I wish I have CB machine...