Monday 1 June 2009

Mightly mushroom


Yesterday as I was heading out to get some messages - I noticed this mushroom on the verge two houses along from us so after I got back I took the camera and headed off to photograph it. I'm sure the few cars that went past were wondering what this strange woman was doing lying on the grass. Yes the best way to get the pic was to lie down and get to the same level as it. It was so amazing. This time of the year, heading into winter we get a few mushrooms popping their heads up, but this is the biggest I'd seen for some time. . For more picture see my Flicker photostream

Our weather has been rather wintery of late. The southern parts of the country and central North Island have had snow and the wind coming from the south is certainly polar driven. The wind has been quite cold.

This weekend and today are know as Queens Birthday weekend. Monday is a public holiday as we celebrate the birthday of Queen Elizabeth of England. New Zealand was a sovereign state. Just a long weekend for me of which I am pleased. Gives me more time to craft. I went to a Stampin' Up demo on Saturday and have ordered the set I saw the other weekend. Plus some choc chip card stock as I find it hard to find a nice dark brown anywhere else.

Today I decided to tidy up the desk.... but instead ended up making this card. I had got an old tissue box from work after seeing what people had done in the "go green" challenge on Hero Arts last week. I got inspiration from Donna's card here.
I was able to use my new CB folder for the background and my Label 1 nestibilities to make the frame. I wanted just a nice plain sentiment so used part of one on HA CL272. It said Happy Birthday to a great friend. I cut it off at the Happy Birthday so I got tow pieces. This is the joy of clear stamps. I put both bits on the block and it is one saying again.

Well thanks for visiting. I'm off to do some stamping of images to swap with Anne. Take care

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Great mushroom picture! I have to say that I've never actually seen a red mushroom with white spots before ... although I've seen lots of drawings of them. Super! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

I love your card...that is a very nice color in black n white...nicely done Dawn..hugs