Sunday 4 September 2016

Scramble and splatters....

It's been a busy week for me.  Starting with a cough and sore rib over the weekend that led to a visit to the doctor on Monday, a chest xray and blood test ending with a visit to the North Shore Hospital on Monday night with IV antibiotics for Pneumonia.  Overnight stay led to a wait the next day for a CT scan to check for clots (I've had a pulmonary embolism in the past) and finally at 6pm Tuesday the all clear and got to go home.

We had overseas visitors arrive later that night.   It was my daughter's in-laws.  A lovely couple who stayed with us till Saturday afternoon.  Very early Saturday morning we picked up our daughter, her hubby and baby Archer for a 5 day visit.   So you can see it's been full on.

This morning, baby was sleeping,Mummy and Daddy having a sleep in and hubby out for a walk, so snuck into craft room to join in Kim's Scramble over on the HA Flickr group.  She set a real challenge - a card with matching tag and decorated envelope.  All in 90 mins.


I had DC182 sitting on my desk and a bright blue card base.  I took some Bristol paper and stamped the butterflies.  I used Zig Markers in bright blue and green to colour the butterflies.  I used the matching die to cut three of the butterflies.  The die doesn't cut all the way through, so you can lift the wings.  Added a sentiment from the set as well.   The tag was cut from some Bristol with a CAS-ual Friday die.  I used the smaller of the two butterflies and did a similar design, which I replicated on the blue envelope.  Entering this into the All Kinds of Everything at Moving With the Times Challenge

And here is my little man who came to see me just as I was finishing..


And yes at 10.30am Nana is still in her PJ's!  We'd had a nice sleep in and breakfast and I hadn't got dressed before scrambling!

We had a lovely lunch with our son coming over with some of his friends to meet the little dude. The weather held off  and we got to eat outside.  Hubby barbecued sausages and chicken wings.

Later this afternoon, I was catching up on some blogs and I saw that Virginia's new challenge was underway over on Virginia's View.  It's "Spray, Mist and Splatter". I was very inspired by Virginia's samples... so CASE'd it.

I started by using some Lindy's Gang Spray in Green and pink onto some creamy card before stamping the flower from Altenew Beautiful Day and the leaves from the set.  I used some purple and green inks to stamp.  I like the design Virginia used so did something similar with some washi tape.  The background has drops of the pink spray and mist of white Decor spray(which is very  and splatters made with watered down Hickory Smoke distress ink.  The sentiment is from the Beautiful day set as well. 

And here's another pic of Archer


Full of smiles this morning.  He has a second tooth cutting through but you wouldn't know it.  He is such a good boy

Looking forward to another day off with them tomorrow then back to work for a couple of days and then spending Thursday with them before they fly out to LA on Thursday night for their holiday. 

thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Dawn
Sorry to read about your health scare. Hope you're on the mend now.
Thanks for joining in at MAWTT with your beautiful butterfly trio.
Cute baby pics too.
Ang.

Monika Reeck said...

Sorry to read your health scare Dawn
I pray for your healthiness
kiss for your little MAN
and the card with that DIES adorable on this color
the second card is beautifully made Dawn
I visit today all my blogland friend (I try my best) cause not so easy to blogging because my mom keeping me busy cooking Indonesian food hehehe
but we are happy in the kitchen
Have a great monday on your place Dawn
hugs

Virginia L. said...

Wow, I love how you CASE my card! The ink splatter and colors are in perfect harmony with your design, Dawn! You and your grandson are too cute!! Thanks for sharing! I hope you are feeling all better! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Spray, Mist & Splatter” Challenge! FABULOUS!

Pajalu said...

Hope you are feeling so much better Dawn. Love all the cards, they are all very inspiring. Archer is just the cutest little guy ever!

creationsnz said...

You sure know how to pack it all in Dawn, and such great cards too. CarolG

Wendy L said...

Archer is so sweet, dont ya just love the grand kids, cant wait to see mine.
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT with you lovely creation, xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, what a time you had of it - glad you got the all clear on the clot face - they are not fun, as you know.
Love your cards, the butterfly one is so fresh and clean, and the other one is a stunner, as is Archer!!
Blessings
Maxine

maria f. said...

Boy is that little adorable! What a treat it must have been to have him visit. Hope you're feeling well after all the hectic. I love your splatters, BTW!

Greta said...

He is such a cutie! So glad you got to have some time with Archer & his folks! Great choice for the scramble--would have been a hard one for me! I really love your take on Virginia's card--beautiful flower & perfect splatters!